Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod guide is canted or reel seat isnt lined up on a new B'n'M Ultimate Crappie Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod guide is canted or reel seat isnt lined up on a new B'n'M Ultimate Crappie Rod

Picked one up from Cabela's today and put on a reel at home and the guide is canted to the left. Right now i'm forcing the reel to tighten up on the left side which is not the normal position.

Another member here had the same problem last month so i'm not sure if it's that's just the way they are or if I some how grabbed the same one he returned. Is there something I can do or do I exchange it?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Johnson N.; 05-23-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably need to exchange it, I may be something you could fiddle with, but you may take a chance on making things worse and then they may not take it back.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a factory defect. I would just take it back to Cabelas. Hopefully it isn't too far away from ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patience

Johnson.

I told you to look real close at the first guide before you bought it! That is not the one I returned becasue I had taken the plastic off the cork. You might try the other Cableas and see if they have a straight one.

I think it is a great rod, light, good casting guides, sensitive, and enough backbone but the first eye fixed at 7 o'clock jsut isn't going to cut it.

GM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InTheHills View Post
    Johnson.

I told you to look real close at the first guide before you bought it! That is not the one I returned becasue I had taken the plastic off the cork. You might try the other Cableas and see if they have a straight one.

I think it is a great rod, light, good casting guides, sensitive, and enough backbone but the first eye fixed at 7 o'clock jsut isn't going to cut it.

GM
    lol

I looked at it before I bought it but it wasnt as pronounced until I put the reel on. There's no other Cabela's in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup your right, one Cableas and two Bass Pro. I am a little slow. You might try contacting BnM and see if they can help you.

GM

Post Thanks / Like

quality at b/m made in china is getting to be junk I broke a pole and no tip available

Post Thanks / Like

I just had a customer return one of mine that was off a little, re-wrapped the guide back straight and he's road ready. Sometimes when a rod dries it will pull off a little. But they should exchange it for you.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

X's 2 on contacting BnM. I have great things about their customer service. When buying a long rod like that I like to really examine them for defects or damage from transit before buying them.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Cableas will take it back. The same thing happend to me. I bought two . One was like yours. Sent it back no problem. Of course the first day I used the other one I broke the tip. So I decided I would just stick with my pro angler rods. I'm rough with them and haven't broke one yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast