Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japan Fishing Equipment

Post Thanks / Like

Default Japan Fishing Equipment

I looked at this website which was referenced in the thread "Who makes the toughest 4lb line": [URL="http://wwww.japantackle.com[/URL]. I decided very quickly that Japanese fishermen have more money that American fishermen, at least more than this American fisherman! I only researched the Shimano equipment, as I prefer Shimana, no wonder the stores don't carry most of this, it would set on the shelf and collect dust. Prolly real good stuff, but, out of my budget!
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Their entire culture is based on fishing. I never really thought about it before but they would have the "best" fishing gear, techniques, experience.

Post Thanks / Like

They have GOD'S they worship for fortune in fishing...Ebisu is one example. Google him.

Post Thanks / Like

That's purty cool Sac. I looked and found this 'un first.

Ebisu - God of Fishermen & Fortune. Japanese Buddhism & Shintoism Photo Dictionary.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Actually if you look at the Shimano Elf which I posted a link to in that 4lb thread the reel isn't all that much BUT!!!!! after I got a message back from Shimano North America - if something goes wrong with it they won't cover the warranty!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd have to send the reel back to Japan or order the parts and wait for them to get there and fix it yourself.

But the Elf IS REALLY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

We did a TV show for JPN (a Japanese TV station like CNN here in America) and I learned about Ebisu and they prayed before we went fishing too. I thought at the time they were praying that they got back to land once they saw my big american b-hind but apparently they were asking Ebisu for a successful trip...at least that's what someone told me later at the fish-fry we had for them.

Hey Jeff, every since I added a small statue of him to my boat my catch rate has gone up!!! He can't control the wind (every time the wind blows I look at him and he's smiling so all I can do is smile too)...Ebisu is the man!!!
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 05-23-2009 at 12:25 PM.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

From the pictures I saw, he must be the Carp god. I don't want him in my boat smiling or not.

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

According to the text, he's usually depicted holding a red sea bream:

Don't worry, catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now I understand Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    They have GOD'S they worship for fortune in fishing...Ebisu is one example. Google him.
    I wondered how you did so good on the water...:D

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Ebisu: ANIMAL ASSOCIATIONS Sea Bream, Red Snapper, Jellyfish. Neat stuff, I was stationed in Taiwan for four years in the late 60s and early 70s. Even though they still had a lot of animosity towards the Japanese from WWII, they observed many of their customs, etc. One was the pickled radishes referred to int eh website article about Ebisu. However, don't intend to be catching any jelltfish if I can help it! And I'm very satusfied with my low end Shimano IX series reels, and I can buy about 25 for the price of one of the cheapest ultra light reels on the japan tackle site, I obtained them about three years ago, fish an average of three times/week, mostly casting jigs, have experienced no problems so far. One of them started making a slight noise last year, Reel Magic quieted it right down.
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast