Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sportsman's Channel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sportsman's Channel

It's been a loooong time since the Sportman's Channel has been on the air. I just visited Russ Bailey's web site (Midwest Craooie) and it states that Midwest Crappie will be back in October 2005 on the Sportsman's Channel. Has anyone heard anything on this? I really enjoyed the SC and sure hope it comes back.

Anyone heard from Russ lately?

Russ if you read this... please edit the endless commercials in future series. It's been months since I listened to Series I yet "Crappie Bob" is still bang'in around in my head. I'd love to buy series II but those commercials were BRUTAL. Can I get an AMEN!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Bart, I don't know if I can get the SC here in my area of Arkansas or not. I've been thinking about buying some of the DVD's Russ has made.

I would like to see some of the methods that the guys like Garry Mason and Richard Williams use at different times of the year.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I was asked to go along (a few weeks back) with Russ, Richard, and Brad Whitehead. Brad and Russ filmed a crankbait show on Cedar creek in north Alabama. Great bunch of guys. I have also seen a few of his shows on DVD. They are worth the money. Richard is even fun to fish with........
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Our outdoor sports channels have gone to mostly Hunting now. We get OLN and the Outdoor sports channel. They use to be on basic cable and my cable provider moved them to the digital cable to make it cheaper for me. Now it only cost me $20.00 more a month to get the digital cable system plus I have to pay $4.95 a month for the digital box to get the Outdoor sports channels. Now they have programed 80% of the programs for hunting. I can remember when I could start watching Fishing shows on Friday evening and run straight through till Sunday Midnight.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

Finally getting some time to catch up on the board. I have been busy getting the 3rd series of shows finished. We were going to start airing again in October, but it has been pushed back to January.

As far as the commercials, we can't really edit them out without spending some serious bucks to do so. And, I feel that I have some great sponsors. It is getting so expensive to do the show...we have to pay for not only airtime, but to have the show produced. The sponsors are the only way I get this done. They have been great to me and I do believe they have the best products on the market.

Other than the commercials, I do hope you enjoy the shows. If I am not mistaken, we are the only show dedicated to crappie fishermen, which is a shame.

I hope everyone has had a great summer, and have a safe Labor Day weekend.

Russ
    www.midwestcrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Russ, I live in Plainview Arkansas. We have Direct TV satellite. I don't know if they carry the Sportsman Channel or not. If they don't I'll have to order some of your DVDS.

Sounds like you have some good shows filmed. I love to watch crappie fishing shows on those days when the weather is just to bad to go out.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if we will be on that system or not. I think that you will like the DVDs. I think the thing that really makes the show is that I fish with some of the best crappie anglers in the country. This way you can learn different techniques that all catch crappie. We have covered everything from shallow water, winter ledges, trolling, and crankbait fishing!

Well, have to run for now. Take Care!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Russ, I heard somewhere on here where you guys had made a crankbait show. I also really like reading articles about Garry Mason and some of the other guides and some of their personal tips and tricks to catch crappie.

Look forward to seeing some of your shows or DVDS!
    CATCH A BIG-UN