Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: color matters?

Post Thanks / Like

Default color matters?

i have noticed that when i fish one lake and say for example blue/white really works great, and i take that same color to another local lake and can't catch diddly on it. my question is do you think each lake has it's own color, or will the color catching fish work in any lake during the same time?
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

I think it matters some days and lakes more than others. I also think that confidence in what your using matters a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I think each lake has there own hot colors. It seems my home lake it is red and chart. Lake Weiss in Ala is black,purple,blue and chart. Clearer lakes hotter colors. Stained or muddy lakes darker colors. All lakes a laser jig

Post Thanks / Like

I learned that just because water does not looked stained to me, if it is murkier that usual go to the dark colors.
    Case in point....
    At the Crappie Camp a couple of weeks ago on Greeson here in Arkansas. I knew the water wasn't as clear as normal. But, it was still clearer than my home lake. But, the few fish that were caught, were on dark colors and wouldn't even look at mine because the water was clear to me and I was using my usuals I use on that lake.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've learned while being on this site from the many knowedgeable crappie fishermen, is that it's better to cast different colors and make the fish let you know what they want, i have three poles set up with three different colors when the fish hit one color i'll try the other two for a little while and then i'l switch to the color that is catching fish last weekend it was black and yellow on one lake the weekend before it was yellow head with red/white tube on a different lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only does the type of day matter (bright sunny day = bright colors, cloudy day = dark colors), the condition of the water matters. In fact, I think the water matters more than the day. If the water is muddy and/or stained dark colors always work best. I think that is the big difference between lakes. As previously stated, water condition is relative.

I have probably a hundred different color combinations in my box, but it almost always comes down to black/chartruse or black/white or blue/yellow/white. The rest rarely produce.
    I'm just an ornery sinner saved by Grace:o

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish-wva View Post
    i have noticed that when i fish one lake and say for example blue/white really works great, and i take that same color to another local lake and can't catch diddly on it. my question is do you think each lake has it's own color, or will the color catching fish work in any lake during the same time?
    same here with the watersheds i fish at. one shed they love blue/white silver flake and at the other down the road about 4 miles it's a different color the same day. water color will be the same only thing different about the watershed from the other one it has a lot of stumps and they like little fishes by creme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepastor View Post
    In fact, I think the water matters more than the day.
    I have found this to be true.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion