Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you expect????

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you expect????

What do you expect when you go fishing?

In my opinion an average fisherman should expect a good days fishing to be one that ends with 10-25 fish in the well and something new learned by the anglers. Same for a good day with a guide except maybe a bit more learning.

To many average anglers read about the results when two really good anglers have an exceptional day, catching hundreds of fish, and expect that to happen to them before they feel that they had a "good day".

Don't compare yourself to someone who's a guide or very experienced angler. Remember that these guys fish almost every day and are just more experienced and tunedin with the bite. Form your own idea of a good average day and try for that and eventually you will get better.

Just being in the right place at the right time is not the whole game, being able to make them hit and being able to adjust to their weird moods is critical.

Be realistic and have a "good day".
    Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Bingo !!!!

ATTITUED makes the day fishing great. I always go with the attitude I am going to catch my limit and it works great. However, some days my limit has been zero, but on the days my limit is in the 10-15 area I seem to enjoy myself more. I have purchased a lot of the "How To" videos and books but it seems that the water sets my forgetter into high gear and I forget everything except having a good day on the water.
    I really enjoy reading all the fishing articles posted on here, the stories, the pictures of kids of all ages going fishing with family members, you know all the good things in life. Then along comes someone that will let the air out of your sails for no reason other than self gratification. I feel for those folks cause they don't enjoy life.
    Ernest, I am wearing out your video, and Russ's too but could you tell me how to keep from forgetting everything when the boat hits the water? Keep up the teaching, we all like it well most of us do. Ferdi aka Fred:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have fun whenever I go, but I figure a decent trip is 2 guys catching 20 crappie in 4 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

I go expecting to catch something and if I don't it's MY FAULT I didn't do somthing right but I'm still out fishing and that beats cleaning house or doing laundry or dish's.

Ferdi - take it in the boat with you!!!!!!!!!! They have little portable dvd players that run on batteries so you can have it with you.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Default My fishing trip

If your were to ask me if I have been catching any lately, then I would tell you about my trip last Thursday when I caught 30 slabs in 4 hours. I probably would not start off telling you about Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday when I couldn't get a descent bite. I have no trouble remembering the good trips I have had over the years but I seem to try and forget about the bad ones. When everyone does the same and tells you of only their good trips, then we seem to think that this is the norm and when we don't do as well then something is wrong. When we ask our kids how they did in their baseball game do we hear how many home runs or hits they had or how many times they struck out? We seem to only tell the good parts. I don't always see a big buck when I go hunting but it never stops me from going and have a good time.

Post Thanks / Like

Ernest, when is the second DVD coming out? We have been waiting for a long time. As was stated above, I have worn out my copy of the first one...
    Dave Courington
    Nitro 640LX

Post Thanks / Like

if i learn something its a good day. and if i dont see any jet-skis its better.
    God bless America

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Ernest. I have a slightly different take on this discussion. I am a somewhat experienced angler that is used to producing when I ply my knowledge. Then I moved from FL to TN. Throw that idea out the window. Whole new set of tactics. Had to go back to "crawlin" so I could learn to walk. My idea of a good day is going, and then forwarding your knowledge to improve the next trip. Like most, I learn something new each time I go. The friendships formed make even fishless days priceless. We are surrounded by many gifts each day, more so( I think ) when we step in the boat. Counting fish to judge a day is a big deal as you learn the skills. As you learn and get to pass along your knowledge you will find a different satisfaction, to me it's as good as a bucket of slabs. Good post, Ernest. And thanx for all you pass along.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I never go alone expecting anything. Most of my fishing is alone, so I might do some experimenting or exploring.
    But, when I take someone, I do expect to catch something. That is when I get frustrated if we don't.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

just enjoy being out

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast