Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Insurance, Ideas, Comments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Insurance, Ideas, Comments

When We Purchased Our New Boat Last March I Didn't Take The Time To Check Out Any Boat Insurance. I Just Called My State Farm Agent And Told Him To Set Me Up. Figured Since I Already Had A Pickup, 6 X 12 Covered Trailer, Gooseneck Flat Bed Trailer And A 4 X 8 Trailer With Him He Would Take Care Of Me. Mom And Dad Have The Same Agent And I Am Also On Their Stuff, Since I Pull The Cattle Trailer And Drive Their Car And Pickup As Needed.

I Sent The Wife Up To His Office And Her Just To Write Him A Check. When I Got My Last Renewal I Noticed That The Amounts Of Coverage Wasn't As Much As I Thought They Should Be. They Looked Kind Of Low As Far As Medicial Payments And Coverage On The Water. I Called My Agent And He Told Me I Had The Best And Only Amounts That State Farm Offered. I Would Sure Hate To Get Into Trouble On The Water And Find Out That I Didn't Have Enough Coverage.

I Want To Hear Your Ideas On Where You Get Your Boat Insurance From And The Amounts Of Coverage You Carry.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have mine through State Farm. I would say younare good to go. Not sure you even are required to carry it unless you have a loan that states that you do. A lot of tournaments now require it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I also have mine through State Farm. I would say younare good to go. Not sure you even are required to carry it unless you have a loan that states that you do. A lot of tournaments now require it though.
    I DIDN'T KNOW THAT ABOUT TOURNAMENTS, SO WHAT YOU JUST SHOW YOUR INSURANCE PAPER WORK AT THE RAMP?

WHAT BOTHERS ME IS I CARRY A HECK OF A LOT MORE INSURANCE ON MY PICKUP. AND IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR STATE FARM POLICY THE MEDICAL AND TOTAL COVERAGE ISN'T VERY MUCH COMPARED TO WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOU PICKUP OR CAR. AND STATE FARM WON'T SELL ANY HIGHER COVERAGE. I NOT THE BRIGHTEST LIGHT IN THE WORLD BUT LIKE I TOLD MY AGENT, I FISH POMME, TRUMAN AND STOCKTON. AND IF I HAVE A WRECK ON THE WATER IT COSTS JUST AS MUCH TO PAY FOR MEDICAL AS IT DOES IF I AM DRIVING MY PICKUP ON THE HIGHWAY. UP ON POMME I USED TO BE WITH THE LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT. AND DUE TO THE DISTANCE TO SPRINGFIELD
    THEY WILL REQUEST A COX OR ST JOHN AIR CARE IF YOU LOOK VERY BAD. AND I HAVE HEARD RUMORS OF WHAT THAT COSTS! OUCH!

GRANTED YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE BOAT INSURANCE UNLESS YOU HAVE A BOAT LOAN. BUT HECK ITS WORTH THE MONEY JUST IN CASE I GET HIT BY SOME MORON, OR I HIT A STUMP AND GET THROWN OUT OF THE BOAT.

JIGGING THE WAY I FIGURE IT IS THAT YOU AND THE REST OF THE PEOPLE OUT THERE HAVE BEEN DOING IT LONGER THAN ME THAT WHY I AM ASKING.

THATS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU GUYS YOU SHARE INFORMATION WITH ME AND EVERYONE ELSE. I GUESS AT FALL CAMP I AM GOING TO HAVE TO BRING THE DRINKS TO SAY THANK YOU! LOL I AM ALREADY INTO BUGMAN FOR 2-30 PACKS FOR A UP COMING GUIDED FISHING TRIP ON LOZ. DON'T YOU THINK I SHOULD TAKE HIM UP ULTRA LIGHT BEER?

DAN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    I AM ALREADY INTO BUGMAN FOR 2-30 PACKS FOR A UP COMING GUIDED FISHING TRIP ON LOZ. DON'T YOU THINK I SHOULD TAKE HIM UP ULTRA LIGHT BEER?

DAN
    Dan - I'd advise you pay Bugman via a beer annuity of some type. A beer to start out, another one a bit later, etc, at regular intervals throughout the day. You decide to hand him 60 beers to START out your day, and y'all are gonna NEED that boat insurance.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    When We Purchased Our New Boat Last March I Didn't Take The Time To Check Out Any Boat Insurance. I Just Called My State Farm Agent And Told Him To Set Me Up. Figured Since I Already Had A Pickup, 6 X 12 Covered Trailer, Gooseneck Flat Bed Trailer And A 4 X 8 Trailer With Him He Would Take Care Of Me. Mom And Dad Have The Same Agent And I Am Also On Their Stuff, Since I Pull The Cattle Trailer And Drive Their Car And Pickup As Needed.

I Sent The Wife Up To His Office And Her Just To Write Him A Check. When I Got My Last Renewal I Noticed That The Amounts Of Coverage Wasn't As Much As I Thought They Should Be. They Looked Kind Of Low As Far As Medicial Payments And Coverage On The Water. I Called My Agent And He Told Me I Had The Best And Only Amounts That State Farm Offered. I Would Sure Hate To Get Into Trouble On The Water And Find Out That I Didn't Have Enough Coverage.

I Want To Hear Your Ideas On Where You Get Your Boat Insurance From And The Amounts Of Coverage You Carry.
    get a umbrella policy if you think the coverage isnt good enough. p/s protect your ass-sets and get a trust , everyone should have a trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I have state farm I thought it was good (my daughter is an agent) but you know I never checked the coverage, just did like you sent the wife to write the check, guess I will check, I think it is a good idea yes bugman I do have insurance in case I hurt you on the water. I think I just told her what I wanted as far as replacement money on contents, and they did call back and say they thought I was a little low on my estemate on the replacement cost, so I did a quick check on the stuff in the boat, and a quick look on the bass pro web site and I was about half covered, up it by twice as much, good question

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I have state farm I thought it was good (my daughter is an agent) but you know I never checked the coverage, just did like you sent the wife to write the check, guess I will check, I think it is a good idea yes bugman I do have insurance in case I hurt you on the water. I think I just told her what I wanted as far as replacement money on contents, and they did call back and say they thought I was a little low on my estemate on the replacement cost, so I did a quick check on the stuff in the boat, and a quick look on the bass pro web site and I was about half covered, up it by twice as much, good question
    BEAGLE DO YOU MIND CHECKING WITH YOUR DAUGHTER? THE WAY MY AGENT TALKED STATE FARM ONLY OFFERED SO MUCH ON MEDICAL WITH BOATS. I AM THINKING IT WAS ONLY $5,000, IT SURE DIDN'T SEEM MUCH COMPARED TO WHAT I HAVE ON MY PICKUP. MY GOOD STATE FARM AGENT DIED IN BOLIVAR OF A HEART ATTACK. SO NOW I HAVE THIS GREEN PEA AND I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN TRUST HIM OR NOT. I KNOW YOUR DAUGHTER WOULD TELL US THE TRUTH IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlsiv View Post
    Dan - I'd advise you pay Bugman via a beer annuity of some type. A beer to start out, another one a bit later, etc, at regular intervals throughout the day. You decide to hand him 60 beers to START out your day, and y'all are gonna NEED that boat insurance.
    LOL BEER ANNUITY! NOW THAT IS A GOOD ONE! HEY I AM SMART ENOUGH NOT TO PAY OFF UNTIL AFTER THE FISHING TRIP! SORRY BUGMAN!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reason For Posting Also

Another Reason I Started This Thread Is Because Heck I Never Look At The Bills Usually. I Just Happened To Look At The New Invoice For The Boat Insurance And The New Policy. I Don't Want Anyone To Have Problems Then Find Out That They Are Under Insured On Their Boats. We Normally Just Think About The Equipment. But As High As Medicial Bills Are A Boat Wreck Could Break You.

Post Thanks / Like

yes sir I will and I just got my new paperwork for my boat so will look at it also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast