Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Memphis in May Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Memphis in May Champion

My oldest son, Bill, is on the Party Q barbeque team from Batesville, Arkansas. They just won the whole hog division (a team can only compete in one division) of Memphis in May and placed 2d for Grand Champion, just barely getting edged out. So I've now got a world champion barbequer. Hope I can get him to barbeque when he's home.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blairarnold View Post
    My oldest son, Bill, is on the Party Q barbeque team from Batesville, Arkansas. They just won the whole hog division (a team can only compete in one division) of Memphis in May and placed 2d for Grand Champion, just barely getting edged out. So I've now got a world champion barbequer. Hope I can get him to barbeque when he's home.
    That is great Blair...I was hoping to make it down in May but just couldn't...Love that BBQ...I have a cousin Clyde Gridley that owned Gridley's BBQ in Memphis..I understand that the business has really gone down hill since Clyde passed away from an auto accident....Don't even know if they are still in business but I will find out this Fall..

Congrats to your son....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dad-gum-it, I missed it again. Last year I promised myself we would go to that dang B-B-Que and it done snuck up pass me again. Congrats on the win.

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Back many years ago Gridley's had the best BBQ shrimp out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    That is great Blair...I was hoping to make it down in May but just couldn't...Love that BBQ...I have a cousin Clyde Gridley that owned Gridley's BBQ in Memphis..I understand that the business has really gone down hill since Clyde passed away from an auto accident....Don't even know if they are still in business but I will find out this Fall..

Congrats to your son....

Post Thanks / Like

Remember to take your rain gear when you get the chance to get up here, it always rains. Rubber boots are a must...

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    Dad-gum-it, I missed it again. Last year I promised myself we would go to that dang B-B-Que and it done snuck up pass me again. Congrats on the win.

"gene"

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like it does always rain for the contest.