Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: refugee update

Post Thanks / Like

Question refugee update

my fam n i are in brownsville doing fine .yesterday i took fam too south padre island too get away tired of watching news and we stopped at a bait shop to get some stuff to get kids line wet and the owner of establishment was watching cnn and comenting about the people in n.o and as i was paying for my stuff i told him i was an evacuee and we got to talking and next thing i know hes giving my fam n i a free charter trip n he then calls a business partner and gives us a dolphin watch tour and told us while were here he will hook us up with some more free stuff para sailing and such so there are a few nice people left in this world later ill post this mans adress and info for any one that might need it for what ever as i said hes reel nice and were fine and ill keep in touch tanx for all the offers guys just keep praying weel be home soon as i found out my house did not have that much damage just a couple of shingles missing thank god later all
    :p keep it wet
    take a kid fishing
    born to fish
    forced to work :p

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How refreshing

I'm so glad you and your family are O.K. It's so nice to hear of positivity and even joy with someone that has suffered through such a disaster. I hope life continues to smile down on you and yours.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good news

DSMAN it's very good to hear from you again. It's also good to see that there are some wonderful people out there who not only help, but try and get evacuees minds off the carnage for a little while and allow you to actutally have some fun. I hope you can get home soon and that all your stuff is intact. I'm wondering if you have been in touch with any other Crappie.com members from down there and if they're fairing alright? I sure hope so. Wish you all the best and we're gonna keep praying for you.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great News to hear

So glad ya'll are doin okay and you have a home to go back to! You and family have been in our prayers.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a single news article concerning "Pledges" of relief-aid from any other countries. What's up with that ????
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Not a single pledge have we heard of from any other country. The USA is usually the first country to help out other nations when a disaster happens. It's about time our government starts taking care of business at home before all our tax dollars are sent overseas to help other nations that could care less about the USA. My 2 cents worth.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

DSMan
    Sure glad to hear about all being OK with you and your family. I definitely want the name and store address of the fellow that was so nice to you. Have several folks from here that go down to S. Padre in winter. We are even thinking of going ourselves this year for first time. if we go I definitely want to do some business with him and give him a big thenk you.

We are keeping you in our prayers along with all the others from the N.O. area.

God Bless
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

DsMan, great to hear you and family are well, had been wondering about you and others. Enjoy yourselves down in Texas and try to have a little relaxation for the family. Hope your back home soon, you are all in our prayers.
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that things are going as good as possible for you!!We"ll keep you & yours in our prayers>
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Been worried about you. Glad to see your post. Please keep us informed as to how you guys are doing. I know that this will probably keep you from coming to the slabfest in November but there will be other ones. If there is anything that I can do to help please PM me. God bless. Good luck to you and everyone else down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast