Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy

sirfishalot Guest

Default New Guy

Hi all, I just discovered this very informative board and I hope we can all share our tips and techniques across the borders. The Crappie here in Ontario are one of the sweeetest tasting fish we have, and the most fun to catch.I look forward to shareing stories with you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to the forums

Good to see some of our Canadian Friends joining us. Some of my best fishing trips were up in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by sirfishalot
    Hi all, I just discovered this very informative board and I hope we can all share our tips and techniques across the borders. The Crappie here in Ontario are one of the sweeetest tasting fish we have, and the most fun to catch.I look forward to shareing stories with you all.
    Regards,

Moose1am

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Welcome SirFishaLot ....

glad you found us. Feel free to join in on the conversations, and give us your unique take on Crappie fishing. ..........luck2ya .......cp

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board sirfishalot.Never been to canada , look forward to hearing from ya.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

So that is where all the Crappie went. Welcome aboard.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Welcome aboard!

What part of Ontario? We LOVE Ontario. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

sirfishalot Guest

I live just outside of Niagara falls. In my opinion some of the best Crappie fishing in Ont. is in this area.Most anglers think of them as pests but I have a small group of guys that think otherwise. There is nothing like the taste of spring Slabs.
    I just returned from Emerald Isle N.C and I tell you there is nothing like surf fishing the atlantic. I lost count on the species of fish I caught.Looking forward to next year.
    Thanx for all the warm greetings. I look forward to sharing info with all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anywhere near St. Kitts?

We stayed in Niagara Falls when we went up to the dog shows at St Kitts. I read about fishing on the river, but that stretch looks plenty scary. Where, exactly, do people fish on the Niagara River and does anyone fish the Wellington Canal? - Roberta

sirfishalot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    We stayed in Niagara Falls when we went up to the dog shows at St Kitts. I read about fishing on the river, but that stretch looks plenty scary. Where, exactly, do people fish on the Niagara River and does anyone fish the Wellington Canal? - Roberta
    Hi Roberta, people fish all over the river, above the falls and below it. The river is not as bad as it looks, its like any other waterway, you treat it with respect. There is an enormous selection of species of fish in the Niagara and all can be caught at any time ,given they are in season.
    The welland canal holds fish but with the laker traffic and the locks and the fact that they drain most of it in the winter there is not to many big ones. Now the old canal and the Welland river nearby hold an abundant supply of fish . In the spring and summer you target Crappie,Pike,Perch,LM&SM Bass,and Catfish and the odd Walleye. In the winter on the ice you get Jumbo Perch,Pike and Crappie. Right now we have an epidemic of the GOBY, a non native fish that came from the ballast of russian ships. this pest fish breeds 2 to 3 times a year and is reeking havok on the spawning beds. By law you have to kill them if you catch them. Only time will tell what damage they have done to the fish populations.
    The Niagara region has many good fishing spots, if you are ever up this way bring your rod and tackle like I did in N. Carolina it cant hurt and if you dont you will never know....Thom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the info

I'll keep that in mind if we get up there again. We have a problem with gobies here in Ohio in Lake Erie. Our DNR suggest killing any that are caught here, too. - Roberta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast