Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recomend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recomend

any good lakes in Wisconsin?Taking G-kids & looking for something reasonable and clean with good fishing.Mainly panfish for them.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Depends in Wis where you are going. If your going to the Tomahawk area,try lake Alice. Its full of nice crappies and Im sure you will pick up a walley or two. Lake Mohawskin has good bluegils and bigger crappie than Alice but Alice has more fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

i am just starting to look.used to go to minnesota but thats to far from ohio with kids.
    thanks i'll check it out

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Geneva Or Delavan Is Good For Rock Bass Easy To Catch GOOD FOR YOUNG KIDS. HAS GOOD NORTHERNS TOO. I Go Up There To Salmon Fish Lake Michigan And Usually Hit It 1 Day While I Am There
    Last edited by SCOTTY1094; 05-22-2009 at 09:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Lake Geneva also. It is pretty simple to hit the rock bass. We used night crawlers and fished up near Big Foot State Park. We got a guide the first time and spent $150. It was well worth the money the first time but I don't need him anymore. We caught fish all day long so get plenty of crawlers. We also used a puffer to inject air into the crawler to keep them off the bottom. The funniest thing was that we were fishing on the boat while my wife was on the beach swimming with the kids less then 100 yards away. I also hit Lake Michigan in August for the salmon run. Nothing like breaking your arm for 20 pound salmon. With six guys it is a cheap trip and you can catch all you need in a half day trip and then hit the town somewhere. We usully go for two days in a row and bring home tons of fish.
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,I'm still looking around.Is there much besides rock bass?
    thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure there is but I haven't found it yet. my wife is from up there and her entire family lives there with her parents, and two brothers having cabins on lakes. I got two friends from there also. What they consider great fishing I count as an ok day but it is probably the lakes and their lack of knowledge. I am sure their are some really nice places up there to catch fish but I personally haven't been there. I am sure the farther north you are the better it gets for the smallies and walleyes. Both are fun to catch. Perch seems to be the big deal up in WI but I find it to be in the catfish level as food when I put it up against walleyes or crappie.
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy

Post Thanks / Like

Leke Geneva has a lot of diffrent fish from large Small mouth and Large mouth bass to walleye over 10# and big Northern's. The pan fish are also big Bluegills over 11'' huge crappie and lots of rock bass to keep the kids busy. Another good lake to fish west of Geneva is Lake Delevan. Same type of fish but easier to fish and not so busy with boaters and water skiers. For a relaxing vacation check out Blue Top Resort in Fremont Wi. They rent cabins and boats or you can camp. Good luck and enjoy your grandkids. This is about 45minutes west of Oshkosh on 10.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

I will check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

where do you recommend going on delavan or lake geneva?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast