Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need input best sonar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need input best sonar

Set money aside which sonar is the best and why? Color or blach and white?
    I am looking for the best one for the frount of my boat and do not need a GPS. Most lakes I fish are 60 foot or under
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said you dont need a gps. I thought the same thing because I didnt realize just how valuable they are.I use my gps unit to follow the original river channel as I fish for the crappie, especially in colder times of the year.Also by marking spots that I have found that produce and can use the unit to get you back on the spot.Lowrance makes a fine unit. LMS-522-IGPS. You can find these on ebay for about 520 shipped to your house.This is not their latest and greatest thing on the market, however its not priced like it is either.I gave 799 plus tax when I got mine and was worth ever penny to me.I dont think you will find a better unit for the money but thats just my opinion.There may be something for the price better but I dont know what it is.I can always find fish with this unit, can do about anything I want as far as finding structure and its gps and color to boot.Since I got mine, I have had several friends fish with me and said that they really liked it.Whatever you get, I hope you have as much fun with it as I have had with this one.Oh, btw I bought a dvd on how to use when I got this one.If you have not used one before, may be of some help to you, but definately not a have to.

Post Thanks / Like

Color without a doubt.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I just put a Lowrance X510C on the front of my boat. It's a color unit and I'm still learning about it but so far I'm really happy with it. I caught it on sale at Bass Pro for $350.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hummingbird 20/60

For the front of your boat, buy a Hummingbird 565 or 728 with 20 and 60 degree transducer. The 60 degree "looks" at 20 ft diameter at 20 ft deep. It has 640 vertical pixels giving excellent detail. Great fish finder. Retail is about $199.

Monk Monk's Crappie