Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Yes I Said Ice! Just Fyi!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice Yes I Said Ice! Just Fyi!

I Thought I Should Pass Along A Little Something I Learned From My Wifes Cousin.

Doyle Owns And Operates A Ice Company. He Suppies Hammons Field Here In Springfield, Mo.

In The Summer Months, We Use Alot Of Ice, For Anything From Farm Work, Shooting Commercial Grade Fireworks To Using It In The Boat Cooler.

A Couple Of Years Ago We Were Buying Ice At One Of The Local Quick Stops And It Wouldn't Last From One Day To The Next. Happen To Get Some Ice From My Wifes Cousin And It Lasted 3 Or 4 Days In The Heat Of Summer. Couldn't Figure It Out. So I Asked Doyle Why His Ice Lasted Longer In Our Coolers. He Told Us That Most Ice Companies And Some Quick Stops Make Their Ice Hollow On The Inside. And He Makes His Ice Solid That Is Why His Ice Lasts Longer In Coolers. Those Other Companies Figure That If They Do It The Cheap Way You Will Have To Buy More Ice. And Price Wise There Is Usually No Different In Prices.

So As Your Headed To The Lake And When You Stop And Get That Bag Of Ice You Might Remember The Places That Has The Ice That Keeps Longer. Your Mind Is Not Playing Tricks On You Some Ice Does Keep Longer.

Thats Why I Pay A Little Extra And Have My Ice Delivered To The House.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Follow Up Bubbles In Ice Fyi

One Thing I Also Failed To Say Also That I Learned From Doyle. He Told Us That Some Of The Ice Makers Add Air To Make Bubbles In The Ice And That Also Causes The Ice Not To Last As Long.

Grant For Some Of Us Just On A Fast 1 Day Fishing Trip Ice Is Important But We Can Get By With Using Just About Anything.

But When The Wife And I Are Out On A Fireworks Show And We Have To Keep Cool Drinks For Everyone Good Ice Is Important.

Post Thanks / Like

the ice man commeth, good info,now if i can catch enough fish to ice some down i will know what's up

Post Thanks / Like

This is information that is good to know, i will remember this next time i buy ice.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank U Dan

In Other Words The Ice Our Ice Maker Makes In The Fridg Which Is Solid Is Much Better...... I Can Hear Her Now, "my Ice Maker Has Quit Again""...... Good Info..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of those thick two day coolers. It's paid for it's extra cost three times over in ice now.

It's hard to pull the trigger on the more expensive cooler, but if you use it enough it will pay for itself over the long haul.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    I bought one of those thick two day coolers. It's paid for it's extra cost three times over in ice now.

It's hard to pull the trigger on the more expensive cooler, but if you use it enough it will pay for itself over the long haul.

G.
    I HAVE ABOUT 5 OR 6 OF THOSE LARGE 5 DAY COOLERS. I BOUGHT THE FIRST ONE THINKING IT WASN'T WORTH IT AND I AT THE SAME TIME I PURCHASED A CHEAP COOLER. I NO LONGER HAVE THE CHEAP COOLER, I GAVE IT AWAY. EVEN JUST ON A 1 DAY TRIP THE 5 DAY COOLERS DO A BETTER JOB. WHEN THEY ARE SITTING IN THE HOT SUN ON A FLATBED TRAILER AND YOU HAVE PEOPLE GETTING INTO THEM ABOUT EVERY 30 MINUTES THEY ARE WORTH THE ADDIONAL INVESTMENT. PLUS BP SELLS NEW LATCHES AND HINGES FOR THEM. I FIRST 5 DAY COOLER IS OVER 5 YEARS OLD.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the tip

Post Thanks / Like

We like to camp and fish at some of the MDC lakes that only have primitive camping. My wife fills up large zip lock bags and lays them stacked in the deep freeze. These big chunks will last a weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crisco Kid View Post
    We like to camp and fish at some of the MDC lakes that only have primitive camping. My wife fills up large zip lock bags and lays them stacked in the deep freeze. These big chunks will last a weekend.
    I CAN REMEMBER MY MOM & DAD WHEN I WAS A KID FREEZING ICE IN PLASTIC AND THE PAPER MILK CARTONS TO MAKE HOME MADE ICE CREAM. IT WORKS GOOD. I JUST DON'T HAVE ANY FREEZER SPACE. I HAVE NEVER TRIED ZIP LOCK BAGS! GOING TO HAVE TO TRY THAT! THANKS FOR THE IDEA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast