Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally got into some Crappie! / Questions!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally got into some Crappie! / Questions!

Went back home this weekend and finally got into some Crappie. We were fishing some private gravel pits and were fishin' maybe 15-20 off of the shore and about 4-5 foot deep. Just running minnows underneath bobbers...

They hit well for the first hour and then it went dead, but never the less, we tracked them back down and ended up with around 30 in the fish basket!

I think I pulled in 12 or so myself, all decent sized, nothing too fat, but some lengthy guys, probably a 13" or so.

I couldn't hit anything on my jigs though, I don't know what I was doing wrong but still, something is up or I'm not smart enough with them.

Can anyone provide me examples of the jigs they use, how they fish them, and if they attach anything but the jig (i.e. minnow, worm).
    "Drive it like you stole it"

Post Thanks / Like

check with Team Adcraft on the Iowa board. He seems to have done very well this year so far

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use a 1/32th-1/16th ounce jig head. As far as skirts are concerned, usually I use AWD Baits WOW skirts with the triple tail. AWD Baits are made here in SC and seem to work good on the lakes i fish. I have used anything from hair jigs to tube jigs, to curly and triple grubs. Just find a color that they seem to hit and fish it!

As far as baiting the jig I rarely do so, but many people tip their jigs with a minnow or some sort of powerbait formla like Crappie Nibbles. Sounds like yall caught a nice mess of fish! Keep at em and your hard work will pay off!

Good Luck!

CB
    Hooking up every chance I get!