Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas prices

If gas hits $5.00 a gallon wonder what I could get for my boat this time of the year. Sure will not be able to go fishing so why have the payment and the insurance.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I agree its going to hurt, But I couldn't part with my boat though even if I had to just sit in the driveway dreaming about pulling in slabs.

Its definatly forcing me to consider different water to fish and causing me to look closer too home. I just cannot afford to run down to Bull Shoals or Table Rock, etc etc as ofter as I used too.

Now I'll be staying near home (St Louis) and looking closer at trips to Mark Twain and several smaller lakes localy not to mention I am thinking about the rivers here.

Not only is my boat thristy but so is my tow vehicle/daily driver 2000 ford expedition. Gets 13.4mpg no matter how I drive or what I pull.

Round trip to table rock for me is about 480 miles + 30gal's boat gas thats about $208 bucks in gas alone each trip to the lake. Thats getting expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raintree
    I agree its going to hurt, But I couldn't part with my boat though even if I had to just sit in the driveway dreaming about pulling in slabs.

Its definatly forcing me to consider different water to fish and causing me to look closer too home. I just cannot afford to run down to Bull Shoals or Table Rock, etc etc as ofter as I used too.

Now I'll be staying near home (St Louis) and looking closer at trips to Mark Twain and several smaller lakes localy not to mention I am thinking about the rivers here.

Not only is my boat thristy but so is my tow vehicle/daily driver 2000 ford expedition. Gets 13.4mpg no matter how I drive or what I pull.

Round trip to table rock for me is about 480 miles + 30gal's boat gas thats about $208 bucks in gas alone each trip to the lake. Thats getting expensive.
    I like fishing Bull Shoals. 135 miles to Pontiac from Rolla. Sure wish the water fleas would get off LOZ thats the closet lake to me.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHead
    I like fishing Bull Shoals. 135 miles to Pontiac from Rolla. Sure wish the water fleas would get off LOZ thats the closet lake to me.

Thats only a matter of time Duane, I am like a kid waiting for xmas morning. I am ready to get back to a lake that is closer and less people. The few trips I have made to Mark Twain this year. Sure seems like alot more people on this lake than years past. Sucks to see big boats running up in upper ends where its just wide enough to fish. Making it tougher to get away from them.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the fleas, That is probably the next closest for me too and is one where I am probably more sucessful but its just crazy this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

crappiehead, what kinda boat you got? I too think gas prices stink, I probably wont fish but maybe 1 time a month til it gets better..............if it gets better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieOutlaw
    crappiehead, what kinda boat you got? I too think gas prices stink, I probably wont fish but maybe 1 time a month til it gets better..............if it gets better
    2001 G3 pro-170 with a 40 hp yamaha 2 stroke
    You seen my boat this past spring when U and Ted bet the crap out of me and Paul fishing LOZ
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sure if it means anything, but normally on big weekends like this I will see a lot of big boats going though Sedalia headed to LOZ today I didn’t see any. I wasn’t in town as much as normal, but I would have thought that I would have see a few.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

about the same here to report talked to alot of people who are staying home. Looks like prices will ease some next week baring the media splattering the television with bad news. Wholesale gasoline today down 11% to about 2.16 a gallon, lets see if it effects the pumps.....................Sorry duane with that new name I get stuff mixed up, if you know of anyone with a boat for sale under 4 grand drop me a line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieOutlaw
    about the same here to report talked to alot of people who are staying home. Looks like prices will ease some next week baring the media splattering the television with bad news. Wholesale gasoline today down 11% to about 2.16 a gallon, lets see if it effects the pumps.....................Sorry duane with that new name I get stuff mixed up, if you know of anyone with a boat for sale under 4 grand drop me a line.
    What type boat (fiberglass or alum.) are U looking for? At times we have several listed at work. Also check www.rollanet.org they have a free online ads for this area.
    They have a 90 Jet HP Lowe Bass Boat but no price listed.
    1986 Ranger Bass Boat w/150 Mercury for $6800.
    1997 Alweld 1748 boat with 2000 90 hp Johnson jet motor & fish finder. Asking $5500.00
    Duane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast