Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bowfishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bowfishing.

Anyone else bowfish? With all the high water seems like a great year for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes me and a buddy do it all the time. Great fun.
    www.Crappiepredator.com
    www.Rendlakefishingguides.com
    618-472-4763

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a young lad, about 16, I got reprimanded by a game warden for shooting carp. He checked my fishing/hunting license, and told me I wasn't allowed in parks. There were no signs to attest to this, so I took his word for it.

Post Thanks / Like

As I got older, I got to where I didn't kill stuff just because I could. Know what I mean? Now, I'll bring home the crappie, the turkey, the deer etc, but just to kill for the sake of fun is not what I'm all about.

I pretty much kill only what I will eat. I'm not a 100% puritan here, but to me, generally, it's about respect for the creation...the work of the Creator. I kill critters that I want to put in my freezer for my family's consumption...and that's it.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

I give most all of it away. No I dont personaly eat it but it dosn't go to wast.
    www.Crappiepredator.com
    www.Rendlakefishingguides.com
    618-472-4763

Post Thanks / Like

bowfishing is certainly not killing for the sake of killing. the fish we shoot either are given away to someone who will eat them or they are composted (along will all my other fish carcases) and tilled into our organic garden. if you had some of our heirloom tomatoes the size of grapefruits you wouldnt say any fish was wasted.

if someone was to shoot fish and then dump them into the bushes or trash that would be wrong. the same if they kept a bucket full of crappie and then waited to long to clean them and they get tossed. ive seen both happen, but never by myself.
    God bless America

Post Thanks / Like

There is always some guys fishing around the ramp wanting them where I fish. They never go to waste.

Post Thanks / Like

I got hooked on bowfishing during my college days down in Monticello Ar. (Courtesy of Andy Case, Danny Nichols, Bob Brown and Lance Sullentrope). Had a custom made F & F 17/56 ready to rock with a 70 hp yamaha. I had a couple folks always interested in my fish, but as time went on, it became harder to find someone to take the fish. (two nights a week, averaging 150/200lbs of fish a night tends to fill up one's freezer.) Ended up selling my boat and now crappie fish 90%