Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Crappie Club ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oklahoma Crappie Club ?????

Wondering if some of you guys from OkieLand might be interested in a crappie club A couple guys are kicking it around I know several that would fish and would like to know if there are any more around here? It has been said that there would be 3 lakes involved being Ft Gibson Eufalala and Oolughaha let me know what ya think and how much entry fee ya might want most are saying 75.00 dollars

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a great idea. Unfortunately, it's out of my price range until something changes within my financial situation. Right now, prorities rule. I really would like to join CAST just to fish the Oologah tourney in October. And with fuel the way it is, I will be pushing it to fish Talala Creek as well as feed the lowly 50hp. At least staying in the area of Talala Creek, I can get about 4-5 trips per 6 gallon tank. But, I really want to explore some areas North of Wiganon Bridge. The area is rarely fished.....
    Reaper
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

I've not even been crappie fishing yet so wouldn't be able to make a decision there.

What would that be for? Tournement things? Sort of like weekend poker night?

Crappie Reaper, I've got to get some work done on the MH, brakes and tires. I'll only be replacing the front tires first then a couple paychecks get the rears, but after the brakes are safe to tow I plan on heading out to Oologah or Skiatook. You're certainly welcome to come on my boat. I'll pay the gas, its my boat.

Wife's days off are coming up on the point where her's mesh with mine and its getting close to the good time of year to RV. Problem here is these parks close to darn early for the winter. Don't have to have amenities, but they are nice.

Do you normally fish all day or a couple hours at a whack? Here in a short time we could at least meet for a couple hours and see if we can survive together on a boat for any period of time.

I'm hesitant to buy a license this late in the year. Price is rediculous to expire in Dec. Certainly wouldn't fish (or even give the appearance of fishing) without one, but could explore a bit or spring for the license and fish.

Post Thanks / Like

License is important, because as sure as you don't have one, is when you get checked. In all my life in OK, I have never been checked, except on a hunting trip back in my early 20's.
    As far as fishing off your boat, without anchors, or a trolling motor, you are not quite setup for how I fish. However, you could drift fish, which is just tightlining off the side while you drift around with the wind or current. You could also just park it in some treetops and tie off to the branches. That can be very productive if you're in the right place, right time. You said you're in C'ville very close to 169 hwy? If so, Oologah may be just a bit closer. Hawthorne has everthng you need for the RV. You can tie your boat off to a tree on the bank. Check the campsite first for what the waters edge is in that sites area. Some are fairly soft, peagravel, and some are rock bluffs which would not be a good spot for a boat. But, Hawthorne would be your closest spot. And, it's less than 3 miles to Oologah store, sonic, subway, etc. If you decide to come over to Oologah jrf, http://www.outdoorsok.com/images/lakemaps/oologah.pdf
    here is a link to print a simple overall map of Oologah. It might come in handy if you venture too far.
    George, what would the $75 entail? Would this be like a private tournament? I would really like to join a bunch of Okies in some type of Crappie Club where we could meet at a lake ever so often for a fish fry. The way gas prices are headed though, this po boy just couldn't do it much.

Post Thanks / Like

i would be interested in joining but i am still in college and like some of the others these gas prices are hitting hard, i think we should talk about it maybe sometime towards next summer we can all see how our budgets are holding out with whatever the gas prices are doing. I am all for having a group here in oklahoma.

Post Thanks / Like

That Sounds Great Lets Hear Some More Info On It Though.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome back minnow killer

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds Good Big "g" I Live Here In Fort Gibson,and I Haven't Even Had Time To Go Crappie Fishing This Year,i Think I Went Twice All Year 1 Trip Was Great The Other Was A Disaster..but I Would Love To Do Some Good Crappie Fishing Iam Like All The Others With Gas Prices Going Sky High And Dont Really Know How The Employment Is Going To Be Like I'am Trying Put Some Money In The Bank....other Than That Count Me In Maybe Things Will Change.........(p.s Maybe If We Get A Democrat For President)...........happy Hooks Allll

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I wasn't misunderstood. No way would I fish or even give the appearance of fishing without a license. I was thinking at the time that if I would only fish once or twice between now and the end of the year, I'd not fish, but I would learn the lake, drive the boat, learn the fish finder, etc.

I've checked on trolling motors. When boat shopping seemed $400-600 was popular number for add on. Just self shopping am not seeing much better. I've also seen how big those pedals are and other stuff about them. I do not like. I do not have $400. If I had it I wouldn't spend it.

El cheapo tossed under a seat to rig to get me off lake might be ok, but I ain't buying one of these $$ things in the near future.

I do plan on getting an anchor. But I'm not getting everything at once.

I didn't know whether to get a river type anchor or a small fluke type anchor. That's a couple paydays down the road.

I also want a pole that has different ends. A paddle end, a boat hook end, and a "push around in the mud and weeds" end. Surely somebody makes one. Sort of like a pole people have by there swim pools to drag bodies out of the water. Many uses for a pole. Grabbing trash, recovering man overboard, untangling trot lines, picking up jug lines, pushing off the bank or stumps, etc.

Paddling a canoe, the paddle has many uses. "beating the snake" end, bungee chords and "holding the lantern end" etc

Post Thanks / Like

you can find a decent trolling motor for $150-$200. I understand though, fishing can be expensenive getting set up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast