Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets have a fish day Saturday 23rd 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lets have a fish day Saturday 23rd 2009

I still have fishing fever and have had thoughts all day about some type of fish off for this coming saturday. I would like us to take off from Morris Ferry Boat Ramp on Woods Res which will give us all a chance to get familiar with the ramp before our real tourney there next month. I am open to suggestions and ideas and would like it to be about competiton but mostly having fun and getting others interested in our club is also a plus. I have been kicking this idea around all day today in my head and I know there are others who will be fishing up that way saturday besides me. Maybe we call it a wildcat tourney or just a MTCC get together and just do some fishing for the day. I dont care, I just want to be on the water saturday and really enjoy spending time and getting to know other club members more who share the passion of crappie fishing with me. Maybe we all just leave out together saturday morning, say 6:30 or so to 2:30 and maybe have a big fish pot of 10.00 per person.That way its not a per say tourney, just a big fish pot. I will be glad to put this together and set it up if I find enough of you who are interested.Feel free to send me pms or post any ideas about it that you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Sounds like fun to me Toby. We'd talked about this at one of the meetings. Count me in. I think that a lot of the members will show interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a winner ,Toby. I'll probably prefish Tuesday & tie some out!
    JohnW

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to do it but I have to be in Wartrace around noon. If I could meet you guys at the dock that morning and fish with someone until around 11am, I could do it. Just take me back to the dock and you could get back at it. If anyone has an open back seat, count me in.
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Mines open Todd.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds interesting might make it if I get through with hay.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we have enough interest to put this thing together for saturday.Mr John said he can bring the scales with him. I think we will just have a bring in your biggest fish to weigh in site which will be in the parking lot at Morris Ferry Boat dock. We can have a first only or a first and a second if there is enough entered. We can decide that by majority vote before we start. If I am to handle this for saturday, I think you need to be there and have turned in your big fish entry fee by 6:20 saturday morning to be included in big fish pot. If you want to fish 1 or 2 to a boat or any amount, thats fine, but everybody in the boat needs to have entered the big fish pot. Big fish entry fee is 10 dollars per person.Anybody have any questions or concerns, just call me or pm me and we can get everything settled.I want to keep this simple and fun for all.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done any real fishin for 3 weeks with all I've had goin on. This weekend will be no different. If I can get home and get some stuff done on Friday, I'm in. Work was just talkin about me havin a 6 day week. I have to play it by ear and hope it all falls into place. If I only get a one day weekend I probably won't make it. Sounds like fun to me. My back seat will be open if you don't mind rollin the dice that I make it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

this is a real good idea,i'm about 50% sure i can make it. i'm afraid that the honeydo list is going to come out.so ya'll pray for me lol!
    GOD loves fishermen,the earth is 75% water

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers in for ya, Slab. throwin some my way wouldn't hurt!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast