Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KCA Meeting?

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default KCA Meeting?

To those who are planning to attend the meeting this saturday the 11th. Unfortunatly Frances has arrived and is predicted to drop alot of rain.(3" to5") if we get the amount predicted it is a good bet that the lake will be closed due to high water. My question is do you guys still want to have the meeting on saturday? It is critical that you make your posts no later than thursday evening so I can make arrangements with the park on friday morning.
    Obviously, if we do not get the predicted amounts of rain we will continue as planned.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Bob - You're going to make sure I'm there in thoughts right? Keep those of us interested/willing, but unable to make it, informed. I'm sure the local chapters that are all part of the association (that's an idea) will be discussed. thanks again for your time!!

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I will be there. Can we still use the pavillion for the afternoon? Let me know if we will get to fish or not. If not, then I won't come down till Saturday. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Bob G. I'll be there, I hope the res. will be down. It stopped raining here in Brookville thursday morning, Let's have a good turn out Guys! Zimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Meeting

I hope you fellows have a good turn out and the lake is okay for fishing. Don't forget to share the results of the meeting with those of us who couldn't attend. Thanks, Ron

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from Crooked Creek. The lake is high and they have closed it to boat traffic. You can still do a little bank fishing or fish at the spillway or if you have a canoe you can put it on the lake.
    It doesn't look like there will be a huge turn out for the meeting but, the ones who do show we should have a good time and hopefully get somethings accomplished or atleast started.
    I am going to the store now to get the burgers and dogs. anyone wanting to bring something is more than welcome to. I noticed that there is a horseshoe pit if anyone is interested?
    Shellback, we will post what was done(if anything lol) I am still open to any suggestions, input from anybody who can help get this off the ground.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crooked Creek

Hello Bob, Just curious as to why they allow canoes, but not other boat traffic. Is the launch underwater, or is there too much debris in the water? My Corps lakes up here must have got hit hard too, I'm not about to drive 2 hours one way for a bust. I think this will be my chance to check out the new Bass Pro Shop in Auburn, NY. Owasco, one of the Finger Lakes is just south of Auburn, so I'll drag my boat along and see what happens, with luck I may get into some perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Corps Lakes

Just called the Corps office for the lakes I visit in Tioga county, all are closed till next week! They got hammered too! What a summer we've had!

Post Thanks / Like

Shellback, There are two main reasons the corp. won't let powered boats on the lake. One, you can't get your boat off the trailer when the water is high. Heck you even have trouble when the water is low. You have to pull your whole rig in the water sometimes just to float the boat. The second reason, too much debris. I guess insurance won't let them open it till they remove all the debris from the lake. I assume that with canoes and unpowered boats there is no worries of high speed collisions with trees and debris.lol
    Other than the high water( which considering what we got) the lake looked in very good condition. The water was not chocolate brown like it typically is when we get alot of rain. I wish I had a 14' row boat I would throw the trolling motor on it and go. I think the fishing would be spectacular.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob, will come down tomorrow morning then. Bring my fishing equipment and a bucket to sit on. My neighbor has a canoe, but I don't think they licensed it this year. Use to have a jon boat, but sold it when buying my present boat. A jon boat would work great too. I just wish my other truck was fixed, cause I would still have brought my boat with me. It is a Sears Gamefisher trihull. Take the gas motor off and it does good with a trolling motor. Yes, we will definitely keep everyone posted. Isn't the idea to have many members, not just a few. How about regions, for breaking it up into smaller sub groups? We can iron and hammer all of this out over time. The thing, is to get it going, and draw in members, and work out the main issues. It will be hard for me to bring something prepared for the dinner, but if you show me the way Bob, to a local grocery store, I can purchase some food to go with the other stuff. Keith

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast