Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wed nite on Wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wed nite on Wylie

Decided to leave the area I've been fishin in Tega Cay and take in some new scenery. Found a nice cove across the lake and got set up for nightfishin by 8:15. Real slow nite. Fished for 3 hours and ended up with 3 keepers 10-12" and 3 throwbacks. Gotta wonder if the old hole woulda been a better choice. Since the Beast ain't been prowlin Allison Creek, maybe they all went back in there.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

ya, the beast has not been on Patrol in a long time
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

That Beast needs to get back in action or this lake is gonna be overpopulated in a few months.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

the beast is out there now, snortin and blowing, pawing the ground chomping at the bits wanting to attack them crappie ,,, but alas, the beasts mule has been ill and been to the doc for some new shoes and it was discovered the mule was sicker than at first thought so the mule doc had to do more than was anticipated and kept the mule most of the week. I was told the mule was ready to come to the barn so ill go pick her up this evening and things should be gettin back to normal. the old mule is like me,, plum wore out and needin some minor and major repair work done.... Im gonna run over to badin in the am and try the cats and will be jumpin on the crappie next week if every thing stays unbroken for a few days. gary,, pete,, keep em unner control till i can reinforce you.....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I knew that Beast would be buckin at the chain. Glad things are gettin in order. I wanted to ask you guys a question. The last 2 times out I caught 1 decent fish 11-12" that was much darker than all the others I been catchin. There was no eggs in them. Are they black crappie or just male white crappie in their spawnin colors? Of all the fish I've cleaned these last few weeks they are the only 2 that had shad in their bellies. Those shad had'nt been in there long. A 12' fish that eats a 3' shad and then swallows a minnow has got the kind of attitude I like in a fish.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

you will not catch white crappie in wylie. every once in a blue moon you will catch a white crappie. the amount of white crappie i have caught in wylie in the past 3-4 years i can count on 1 hand. the darker fish are the males.

if anyone thinks they are catching white crappie out of wylie, look again. their is a major difference in the two.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

I looked up a site on the internet that showed a picture of both white and black crappies side by side and there is a marked difference. These I've been catching are all obviously black crappie.
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

yeah,, they are black crappie morn likely. the dark ones like you described is the males. they turn dark like that when they spawning. a fairly easy way to tell em apart is the black crappie have the spots on they sides randomly and the whites spots are alined vertically sorta like the yellow perchs. i got my mule back and my trip over to badin fell through, so i may hit wylie tomorrow night

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to you and Pete for clearin up that question. I'd like to get out soon but I gotta go be a judge at a brewers competition in Charlotte starting 9am Sat (I always pull the hard duty) and my daughter's havin her 3rd birthday party Sun. I like to fish that risin moon but I won't be goin out 'til at least Wed nite. Clean out them little ones will ya please? Check out that SC board. There's a fisherman lookin for some Wylie info I can't help with much. See if you can give him some help(like directions to Georgia!!!)....just kiddin.....
    One taste of the bait

Post Thanks / Like

being a judge at a brewers competetion sounds like a job i could handle without gettin too nervous over hearing the word work. pick me up an application while you over there as im sure they want someone with experience and ive got plenty of that. I done learnt my lesson about cleaning little ones. next fish fry i supply for will get carp before they get a bucket full of tater chips ive had to clean