Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat is now humming......

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat is now humming......

Followed all the instructions.

stats:

4 inch p2p
    6000 rpm
    46 mph
    19 inch pitch prop (stainless)

cheap loaner prop.....:p

Thanks for all the help........
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 05-17-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

what is WOT rmp range? and i bet that motor could come up a lil bit more. now comes the hard part, fingind a good prop most boat shops will let you try a cpl of diff props as long as you leave a deposit. try running a few diff props and ill bet you find 1 that will get you over 50
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I would think your dealer would let you try different props until you find one to suit you.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it Tom. Now that you've got the revs up you can fine tune all the settings and the prop.

"gene"

"G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I could only get 5500 rpm wot(trimmed out) with the 4 blade and about 49 mph.

with the 19 pitch 3 blade, I hit 6000 rpm wot at about 1/2 full trim (via trim gauge).

Better hole shot with 3 blade too.

Both cases, I was full tank of gas and live well full of water. I never carry much gear with me, but I usually have some "hefty" holding down the passenger seat.:p Not this time.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I could only get 5500 rpm wot(trimmed out) with the 4 blade and about 49 mph.

with the 19 pitch 3 blade, I hit 6000 rpm wot at about 1/2 full trim (via trim gauge).

Better hole shot with 3 blade too.

Both cases, I was full tank of gas and live well full of water. I never carry much gear with me, but I usually have some "hefty" holding down the passenger seat.:p Not this time.

that motor is a 115 hammer? i got my buddies boat up to 53 w/ 2 people in it plus my 6 yr old. its an 18' travker vee hull and it only has a 9o merc!

your boat will go faster tha it is now. Might try upping the motor and going to a 21 pitch prop 3 blade. upping the motor will increase th rpm more and the 21 will bring them back down so you should still be able to run at 6 grand, uunless your motor is rated for rpm's higher than 6000 and if it is give them to her! and your boat will be a screamer.
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Tom,

Glad to hear your boat is doin' you right!

It's not a cardinal sin to run the motor at less than 6000. It'll last longer at 5500 donchaknow.

aj