Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tims report Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tims report Sunday

My son and I put in at Rock Creek around 12 today. Hit a lot of the docks all the way up to the 130 bridge. Best hits were the deeper docks, 30-40 feet deep. Caught them around 15-20 ft range. Used chartruse or yellow crappie assasins. Caught about 20, had around 6 keepers. Also couldn't pass up some good bass structure. Caught 6 largemouth, 1 keeper on chrome,blue Rattle-trap. On the down side, my trolling motor bit the dust, somewhat. I put it down on my last stop and went to turn it with the pedal and it wouldn't do anything. I raised it up about 3/4 of the way and it would turn slightly. I called my mechanic. I should hear from him tomorrow. Any ideas on what it may be? Hopefully nothing to $$$$! I like fishing Tims better than Normandy; imagine that!
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Good job on Tim's Todd!! Sounds like the problem with your tm is either the on/off switch under the pedal (cheap fix - common problem) or maybe just a loose wire on either end. Here's a web site where you can order parts. Trolling Motor Parts - Minnkota - Motor Guide - OMC

Post Thanks / Like

The story on my trolling motor is a broken cable. I took it to Brian at Gilliams today. Should have it back buy Thursday or so. Glad it wasn't nothing to extensive. I really don't want to drop $600 to 800 for a new one.....
    U.S. Air Force Retired