Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new web store created, opinions please

Post Thanks / Like

Default new web store created, opinions please

I am building a new store with in my website, Micro Spoons are by size and Old Reliable jigs are by color with the option of size and hook size. I will keep standard colors on the site so I can build up a stock on those. I will soon add a web form for custom colors not shown on the site. It also allows for a much better shopping cart system. what do you think about the web store format?

Micro Spoons & Jigs - Web Store

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Keith ...

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday View Post
    I am building a new store with in my website, Micro Spoons are by size and Old Reliable jigs are by color with the option of size and hook size. I will keep standard colors on the site so I can build up a stock on those. I will soon add a web form for custom colors not shown on the site. It also allows for a much better shopping cart system. what do you think about the web store format?

Micro Spoons & Jigs - Web Store
    I looked it over, and it looks OK ... but I'd suggest the following :

Get better pics, & better background colors for some of the Old Reliable Jigs .... esp. the ones with the orange tint --- Anglers (ie customers) are more picky about colors than the fish, and want to see the true colors of the baits.

On the Dock Demons page ... only "Glow" has a color name reference. You might want to give them a "name", or at least a color designation.

On the Meat Hooks page ... change the color designation letters to white. The grey lettering on the black background is a bit difficult to read.

On the Payment Information page ... you've got your words all crammed into a small space, then 3/4 of the page, underneath, is blank space. You might want to put a space between the text lines, to make it easier to read.

On the "links" page ... "Eastern Buckeye Crappie Club" needs to be centered - you've got "Club" hanging out there to the left of "Eastern", when it should be to the right of "Crappie".
    And where's the link to Crappie.com

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I would just like to see you do well, and I think these suggestions may help. I think you've got some good looking products, and just want them to be shown in their best light.

... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks pappy thats what I was needing. things got moved around going to the new format still trying to get everything to where it should be. I dont have crappie.com on as a link because I just dont do that with other sites that dont reciprocate my link.I have to pay for my link so I dont think I should give one back for free. I like this site very much but its just how I have chosen to do links on my site

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked your new store but your prices are quite steep for me. I hate paying 1.25$ for a popeye that I can catch several fish on. I cant imagine paying 5.00$ for something I have never tried!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there the Old Reliable are $5.00 per dozen. I will fix that on our site. Sorry about the confusion...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there the Old Reliable are $5.00 per dozen. I will fix that on our site. Sorry about the confusion...

Thanks
    Shew, I thought they were quite pricy but you can bet I will be buying some now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks pappy thats what I was needing. things got moved around going to the new format still trying to get everything to where it should be. I dont have crappie.com on as a link because I just dont do that with other sites that dont reciprocate my link.I have to pay for my link so I dont think I should give one back for free. I like this site very much but its just how I have chosen to do links on my site
    What do you mean by reciprocate your link? Would clicking on your signature not be what you mean? That takes you straight to your site. JW
    Hooking up every chance I get!

Post Thanks / Like

yes but I pay for my link to be on this site/