Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Question

Gonna try to come down and fish thursday. I promised to take my mom and if the weathers good were going. Havent fished there in a while, and only know what Ive read. What part of the lake will give us the best chance. Dont want to motor far and stay out of the main lake traffic. Any help would be great. What coves have alot of docks with brush that will be out of the wind or is that not a productive area. I know Im a little late for the spawn is there some areas that there still shallow.
    Thanks

Randy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Badcast View Post
    Gonna try to come down and fish thursday. I promised to take my mom and if the weathers good were going. Havent fished there in a while, and only know what Ive read. What part of the lake will give us the best chance. Dont want to motor far and stay out of the main lake traffic. Any help would be great. What coves have alot of docks with brush that will be out of the wind or is that not a productive area. I know Im a little late for the spawn is there some areas that there still shallow.
    Thanks

Randy
    I'll be fishin before then and i'll give you an up to date report.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bugman

Randy

Post Thanks / Like

I live on the gravois arm. I have been doing pretty good lately. I have been catching whites 10-12ft in 15-20 fow mid day. The evening bite has been best for me 6:30 to 9:00 For the shallow fish got some nice fish friday night all shallow fish have been blacks.
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

Had A Friend Call Me Friday From Below The Dam And He Was Catching Fish Faster Than He Could Take Them Off The Hook. He Said They Had Some Good Size To Them. He Wanted Me To Come Down And Meet Him, At The Time I Was In Preston At The Farms And Didn't Have A Rod With Me! Won't Make That Mistake Again! Have Rod In Hand And Will Travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get to go to the gravois like i wanted to i had to work a bit this mornin so i made a quick trip to the upper glaize i found fish in 7'-9' of water holding tight to brush i caught a limit of mostly black males with a couple of big females thrown in and they appeared to still be carrying their eggs.The water is bad muddy around pb1 so i'd suggest fishing docks on the lower lake and the gravois or out of pb2 around the glaize bridge the water is bound to be in better shape in those areas,i won't be going back tomorrow so that is about all help i'll be able to give you......good luck.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    I didn't get to go to the gravois like i wanted to i had to work a bit this mornin so i made a quick trip to the upper glaize i found fish in 7'-9' of water holding tight to brush i caught a limit of mostly black males with a couple of big females thrown in and they appeared to still be carrying their eggs.The water is bad muddy around pb1 so i'd suggest fishing docks on the lower lake and the gravois or out of pb2 around the glaize bridge the water is bound to be in better shape in those areas,i won't be going back tomorrow so that is about all help i'll be able to give you......good luck.
    Bugman, what was water temp? I am heading to the lake Thurs. night and hope to fish Friday before all hell breaks loose. I have been catching the bigger females over deeper water docks, not much success up shallow this year, but have not been there since the weekend of 5/8. And just because I ain't catching them like that certainly doesn't mean it can't and hasn't been done. The water was in the 60-64* range last time I was there. I tried some shallow stuff, but had better luck doing what I said before, so that's what I did. Thanks for any info you can give.

Post Thanks / Like

Water temp was 69-70 in Indian Creek Saturday, nothing on the banks that I found. Caught all mine flippin under docks. Sunday I went up to Bagnell Dam where the water temp was 64-65. The shad were all over the place up there. The crappie were hanging just underneath the shad balls, but they were almost all shorts. I caught much bigger fish flippin under docks, they'd hit it on the fall.
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you all think there will be a final shallow water spawn in the next few days due to the stable and hot weather? I'm debating getting out this weekend, too....
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz

if you don't want to motor too far and want to catch fish, below the dam has been the best for me, especially lately since they have been running water. lots of shorties though. and catfish, and gar...

need a good anchor if you want to stay put. we've done the best there where there is a depth change, right on the transition.

good luck wherever you go. let us know how you do :rolleyes:
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast