Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G3 176

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 176

Anybody here fish out of this boat or rode in one? I saw one yesterday and I am considering it. I sold my boat and looking at something larger for me and the family. I like the two seats up front for good trolling but the boat seems kinda pricey. Also wondering why a boat this size is only rated for a 60HP.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if they are similar, but I fished out of a 170 yesterday. I needed a boat and my father in law let me borrow his for the day. Nice rig. It has a Yamaha 50 two stroke on it. I didn't get to open it up, I was on Reelfoot. Even so, it seemed to handle well. I got caught on the opposite side of the lake than the campground. Eighteen inch rollers turned into almost three foot chop and breakers, in a following wind, as I got close to the break wall. I was drawed up a little but never got a drop on me. I'd like to see how it will run out one day, but I'm still impressed with it. It seemed like it had quite a bit of storage, a big front deck on it, and felt real stable up walking around in it. If I had known I was going to write a review I would have paid more attention.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. I believe it is similar to the 170. I will try and post some pictures for viewing.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics of the 176 from the g3 site. Let me know what you think of this rig.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

I have G3 1860 SC and love it. The reason I went with the G3 is the welds are smoother and seemed to be more uniform than the other brands I looked at. You wont be disappointed. Billy

Post Thanks / Like

Looks to be the same design as my 1756SC. I have a 60 4 stroke Yamaha on it and I'll see right at 40 mph with just me and a light load. Slows considerably with a bunch of weight. The 176 is 4" wider at the bottom and I think 7" longer. No idea why it's only rated for 60 hp. Seems it should be 75HP. I'm guessing with a 2 stroke 60 - don't think they make one and you'll probably have to settle for a 50, you will top out at about 32-35 depending on your load.

I like my boat a lot, but it is a wet ride in rough water and a crossing wind. The 176 will probably be the same. The front livewell would be nice.

If you go to the G-3 website and click on the complete specks, it says there the boat is rated for a 90, which would wake the hull up nicely. Probably would see 45-50 with that motor. I think the first page is a typo.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a G3 17.5 ft. with a 60 hp from 1999-2001 and I really enjoyed the boat. I never had any problems out of mine and wish I had it back sometimes. I sold it and bought a Fish n ski for the family, but I loved fishing out of that boat. I am sure they have made improvements since then too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the follow-up guys.

Wannabe, thanks for pointing that out as I had only looked at the front page and also called Duncan Marine and they said 60HP max because the fuel tank is moved up middle of the boat now. I have sent a message to G3 and waiting for there response to clarify the difference in the two pages. I'll let you know what they saw.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

It's really odd either way. I would think a 17.5x60 would be rated at 75HP max. 60 makes no sense and 90 doesn't either. Would be interested to find out what the correct answer is.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I have G3 1860 SC and love it. The reason I went with the G3 is the welds are smoother and seemed to be more uniform than the other brands I looked at. You wont be disappointed. Billy
    Do you have a live well up front? I have a tracker and I need A live well up front and I'm looking for ideas.

Thank You
    EJL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast