Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ultimit crappie boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default ultimit crappie boat

howdy;
    was wondering what ya'll think would make " THE ULTIMATE CRAPPIE BOAT "
    the long cold part of the year is closing in fast. and was wondering what ya'll
    thought. i'm not really intrested in the pre-packaged one's. ya end-up paying
    more for the name than for what is in it.

hopeing that ya'll can help out with ideas, experiences, and advise.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of fishing are you doing?Trolling , dock shooting , or tight lining?I personally think that each has it's own subtle nuances that would make me lean one way or the other.Sure wish I was shopping for a new boat.hehehe.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Big E ; more of an " all-a-round " . not shopping for a new boat. looking for a used whatever. then make it MY BOAT. that's one reason i'm not to excited about those package boats that are out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I willing to bet that different locals come up with different designs. Different water would justify different means for myself. The best layout/outfitted boat for my small water fishing would be different then my large bodied water boat.

I'm fishing from a 17' Fisher Marsh Hawk. The boat is a typical bass boat layout, with front and rear casting decks; center console steering; front and rear livewells; rod locker (to keep things handy, but out-of-the-way); bow mounted trolling motor; 60 HP main outboard w/ 15 hp kicker motor. This fits the water I fish to a "T". Some of the lakes are electric motors only, some have HP restrictions, and the unlimited lakes aren't that large that the 60Hp Merc. is under gunned. Now don't get me wrong, I get outrun during tournaments, but I don't make a living fishing either. The 15 HP kicker is mounted on an aux. motor mount that makes the motor and adjustment bracket removable. I'm not sure this would be an "ultimate" rig, but it suits my needs very well, is very comfortable to fish out of, has room for 3 people to fish comfortably (meaning not having to duck when someone needs to cast), and when the fish aren't biting - is capable of pulling a tube or a wake board for some fun in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

3 Huge, aerrated live wells, large front deck with side rails with 12 adjustable, stainless steel rod holders. Dual front & rear seat assemblies, vertical rod racks, lockable rod locker that can hold 6 12' poles without breaking them down, power anchors both front & rear, Honda 125 four stroke or bigger mounted on a jack plate, 107lb thrust trolling motor with auto & co-pilot hooked up to a quad battery system, on board solar & electrical chargers, front deck mounted flasher & GPS units, console mounted Garmin 168C, telescopic, 15' pole mounted Aqua -View on rear deck, keep alive oxygen sysems through out, bullet & stump proof hull assembly, 100% coverage insurance with no deductable, about 5 good sponsers, and maybe 1 or 2 members from the Swedish Bikini Team! :p Did I mention a custom made boat??

Hey if you are gonna dream, might as well go for it all!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

well, don't let anyone EVER tell ya that you dream on a beer budget.

i've got 3 x's that swear that they found my photo next to the word basic in the dictionary. i'm just trying to keepit simple, yet workable

Post Thanks / Like

Tarfu , I night fish almost exclusively.So the 24' pontoon I have does the trick for me.I've got in excess of 20 rod holders mounted all around the perimeter.I dont need a trolling motor , at least not yet.But this set up wouldn't work very well for trolling or other types of crappie fishing.I think the best boat set up I've seen is Rango's sea ark.I'll let him fill you in on it , but it's got everything a man could want for any kind of fishing.He switched it over for a cat fish trip recently and I can't imagine he spent more than a couple minutes switching just because of the permanent systems already in place.If I could buy another boat right now , that's probably what I would go after.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon
    3 Huge, aerrated live wells, large front deck with side rails with 12 adjustable, stainless steel rod holders. Dual front & rear seat assemblies, vertical rod racks, lockable rod locker that can hold 6 12' poles without breaking them down, power anchors both front & rear, Honda 125 four stroke or bigger mounted on a jack plate, 107lb thrust trolling motor with auto & co-pilot hooked up to a quad battery system, on board solar & electrical chargers, front deck mounted flasher & GPS units, console mounted Garmin 168C, telescopic, 15' pole mounted Aqua -View on rear deck, keep alive oxygen sysems through out, bullet & stump proof hull assembly, 100% coverage insurance with no deductable, about 5 good sponsers, and maybe 1 or 2 members from the Swedish Bikini Team! :p Did I mention a custom made boat??

Hey if you are gonna dream, might as well go for it all!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    What? No hidden power operated top so you can wait the heavy rains out? You could mount the controls right beside the microwave oven.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see, hmmm, an engine thats runs on air, hmmmm, bout 26 foot long, about 10 foot wide, a minnow generator that makes the sexiest minnows ever on hand, a beer cooler, a sandwich cooler, plenty of padded seats, a place to pee off the side , that would be the ultimate boat

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Big E, I like Rango's set up too. He has it put together very well for what he does. I don't have much experience night fishing, but his set up looks ideal.

Ibnfshn - since this would be a "dream boat" it would have to come with God's eternal gift of continuous overcast skis, and equiped with an instant, invisible halo protection system against all biting bugs, down pours, and any temperature deviations from 75 degrees within the arc!

One other Hi FI feature that would be onboard, would be instantaneous advise read outs from Capps & Coleman, Marshall & Heuman, and Solomon & Walters.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast