Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 25 hp 2006 Yamaha trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Default 25 hp 2006 Yamaha trouble

I bought a 2 cycle on August,2006 it was new. Has run perfect for 2 1/2 yrs. Last wk was going across sardis lake and the motor started knocking. I cut the engine off and went back to the landing with the trolling motor.
    Pull the piston out and found the botton piston to be bad. While taking off the piston from rod a whole bunch of bearings fell out. Question is can someone tell me if i order the bearings will it come as one bearing or if you have to put each one in one at a time ? This would be real hard to do .Can anyone tell me .

Thanks

P.s. Just out of warranty

Post Thanks / Like

I would assume you are talking about a caged roller bearing. Buy some motor assembly grease from NAPA, it will hold things together when rebuilding.

Post Thanks / Like

What rotten luck!! I'd go back to the dealer I bought it from and plead my case about some type of prorated deal. It couldn't hurt.

I dunno about your bearings, but I'd at least be buggin the mechanics at the dealership for expert advice. Who knows. One may have a little compassion and actually WANT a repeat customer.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shellback and Arkie John for your ideas. Will try the grease . I don't think the dealer will do anything, but i will asked.

Post Thanks / Like

"I bought a 2 cycle on August,2006 it was new"

It has been less than 3 years. You should have a 3 year warrenty. Any yamaha dealer will honor the warrenty. I just bought one 3 weeks ago warrenty card is good till May 2011. 3 years. It is also transferrable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flatwater View Post
    "I bought a 2 cycle on August,2006 it was new"

It has been less than 3 years. You should have a 3 year warrenty. Any yamaha dealer will honor the warrenty. I just bought one 3 weeks ago warrenty card is good till May 2011. 3 years. It is also transferrable.
    Looks like it is a 2 year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. After seeing your reply flatwater, i found my owner's manual and it said , warranty- parts & labor 2 years. Thats my luck! Guess I will try to fix it myself. After tearing it down found other troubles. Besides the piston been seige and a piece broken off the top of piston, found the block was crack. You could tell because ther was a little oil leaking out the crack. Don't know if J. B.Well will hold ,but going to try.