Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Besides someone's 1000 crappie fest, check this out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Besides someone's 1000 crappie fest, check this out

Grenada lake, 2lb 9oz taken this year...first fish after only 5 minutes of being on the water. Pretty much luck.

By the way, the crappie at Rathbun are on. We caught them last weekend in 2 ft of water in the brush. Wader fishing in Honey Creek.

Maybe this thread will, for once, be used for where they're biting instead of a single man's quest to catch them in ponds. No disrespect to him, but this Iowa post is sad!

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean Slablicious. I've been peaking at this post now and then sine I saw that quest for 1000 thing. I think it's all in good fun. But, if you get on the water as much as he seems to, 1000 in a year really isn't all that many. I've never personally kept an accurate count of how many I've caught in a year though. I'm sure most of us who get out once or twice a week hit that number or at least close to it. Question I have for AdCraft.....are you having a fishfry every week, ha ha? Man, that's a lot of crappie filets just from what I've seen in the last month on here! Maybe you oughta get some pis and leave some of 'em to grow and be caught again on next year's quest for 2000?
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Only some of the fish Team Adcraft caught have come from farm ponds. The majority lately have come from Browns Lake. Some of us don't have alot of lakes to choose from, especially in NW Iowa. It seems most of the monies fom the state go to all the other parts of the state and not over here. Browns does not have any man made structure to hold fish, most of the time you have to work really hard to catch a nice mess. As for a fish fry-Damn rite we have one, and we feed alot of friends and family. Fish from Arkansas, Fish from Browns Lake, Fish from about 7 different farm ponds, I dont believe the population will even get a dent put in it. We need more posts from this state anyway, so have fun and post what you want. FISH ON!!!

TeamAdcraft is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you kidding me? Am I getting smacked for pushing a fun topic on the Iowa board?
    Couple of things.....
    1) Slabilicious - people on this board enjoy pictures.. You saying "2 pound 9 ounce means nothing without pics. ( I provide that)
    2) Speckwick - I fillet and fry all my fish.... I host at my home MANY fish fry's... Anywhere from 6 (My family) OR up to 100 people (4th of july).. If you think for 1 second that there are Many people that can catch 1000 crappie then "good for them" I actually show pics and give some life on this iowa Board. I am not saying I am the only Human being that has done this. But maybe I am with DOCUMENTED pics..... I mean No harm to you "HATERS"... I have a great Job, That allows me to leave at anytime when the crappie are HOT.
    Why Hate on this?
    I mean No harm!
    I take some fish, Yes.
    But I also provide Man made habitat's in allot of these Ponds. I work With the NW Iowa DNR in to providing habitats for lakes that do not offer Natural cover, In NW Iowa I cover 7 Fish ponds, 3 DNR sactioned Lakes.. YES I have a Iowa fish License... So Why am I being condemed for enjoying My Way Of Life and Sharing it with others on this Crappie Forum?
    I actually got a Cell Call from a friend in VIRGINIA!!! Saying that there are 2 guys smacking on my Posts! Believe it or not some people are interested in my progress this year. I even have a great sponsor in LASERJIG.com I use his Hair jigs to reach this number... So......
    2 Things you guys can do.....
    1) Dont Read my posts even it offends you.. Maybe you are just envious that I can Fish the greatest fish Species on earth at will, while entertaining the Great people of Crappie.com and you cannot. I truly am sorry for this.
    2) Make this Iowa forum HOT with pics and info like the readers wnat to see and NOT just posts.....
    I received this call tonight as I was Tailgating at a Local SEMI pro football game and I was Frying some of MY 1000 crappie with friends and others that I didnt even know.
    So to answer your question... Do I Fry my Fish???? Well take a look.
    See the fish.
    See the oil..
    See the Football tickets..
    And the best of all, see the Note that says "Hi Mr Slabilicious"! And Yes, "The Other Guy" is YOU Speckwick. Why you are on the Iowa forum, I dont know.. Maybe checking on my progress for MY 1000 crappie Quest??? Maybe.....
    To show No hard Feelings, Send me a email to jason(at)adcraftinc(dot)com and I will send you some free IOWA crappie.com decals
    Yes, I do those, I donate to the board so people like YOU have a place to enjoy Pics and conversations that mean NO harm like from posters like myself.
    Thanks and stay tuned for the further progress of .....
    "TeamAdcraft Quest of 1000 crappie"
    Last edited by TeamAdcraft; 05-17-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    2X In-Fisherman Magazine Regional Crappie Anglers of the Year
    Official Provider of the Crappie.com State Decals

GO RAZORBACKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm originally from Iowa and constantly check the Iowa board. I'm just glad to see some people posting on here and its great to see the pictures of your catches.

Post Thanks / Like

You read me wrong Adcraft. I'm not hatin', or wasn't trying to anyway. The fish fry thing was a legit question, note the "ha, ha" afterwards. If you re-read the post, I mentioned "it's all in good fun", meaning you are doing this to have a little fun. As far as why I'm on the Iowa board to begin with, I clicked on it by acident a while back when I meant to check Indiana. I noticed your quest for 1000 and now I've been checking back now and then. From the looks of things, you are on the water a ton, all over the country. If you had thought to keep track in the past, I'm sure you'd have found that you've caught the 1000 before in the past. After all, that's only 10 fish a trip if you spend 100 on the water, 20 if you spend 50. Anyway, if I offended you, I appologize. Good luck on your quest, and I'll stay off your Iowa board from now on as to not ruffle any feathers.
    Thanks,
    THE OTHER GUY
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com