Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hunter you fishin?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunter you fishin?

Hey Hunter you been getting any crappie on that side of the Bay? Talked to an old friend of my last night , he lives over your way and is wanting to get back into crappie fishing with his son. He just got a 14ft jon with a trolling motor. Was wondering if you been back in Rocky Gorge or Senaca Lake? I'm actually coming up your way Sat. to the air show at Andrews AFB. My son and I are meeting the guy Iwas talking about and his son and going to the show. I've also told him about Crappie . com.

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from a three day Crappie fishing trip to the Kerr Reservoir this evening.
    Tried Lake Seneca just before I left but struck out. I need to repair my trolling motor tomorrow then I will hit the waters on this side hard through the Summer. A hard tree stump lick jammed the turning control cables.
    One of these days you do need to invite me over to your side of the Bay. preferably in the Fall or Pre-spawn. These are the times I have my biggest problem catching the Crappie.
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

How was your trip to Kerr ? I want to go there in the fall, did you fish on your own or with a guide? I was going to go with Fishdoc if I go. G duck and I were talking yesterday about trying get you down to fish with us . The private lake we're fishing now has absolutly spoiled us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    How was your trip to Kerr ? I want to go there in the fall, did you fish on your own or with a guide? I was going to go with Fishdoc if I go. G duck and I were talking yesterday about trying get you down to fish with us . The private lake we're fishing now has absolutly spoiled us.
    I learned about the Kerr Reservoir when I attended a Crappie Techniques School seminar during a Crappie Masters Crappie tournament in Mar 08. This was perfect for me as I had just bought my boat Sep 07. True story, my next door neighbor at the hotel was none other than Wally Marshall, and what a character he is
    This is why a 250 mile trip to Kerr is worthwhile; THE CRAPPIE THERE ARE ON STERIODS!!!!!! Check out the chatter on the Virginia message board and the write up in the May 09 Woods & Waters magazine.
    I also plan to go back to Kerr late Fall and recommend you and GDuck consider the Best Western hotel, (434) 374-5023. Cost is reasonable, very clean, and have truck/trailer parking with electrical hookups.
    And yes, I will be looking forward to hooking up with you and GDuck to fish on your side of the bay, your fish seems to always be active!!
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

They been active most of the time we've gone since last Nov. The last 2 years have been real good. We have had 1 down side this year we have a nighttime spot we fish from shore that's been a bust this year for some reason. The crappie we've caught the last few weeks have been real thick bodied fish we kept 25 of many last week to eat and they were mostly 12'' ers and real thick. Might try some bigger lures next time and try to catch a monster slab I'm sure there are some in there. Got alot going on the next few weeks (family functions , work, salt water fishing ) but we'll try to get with ya , we need to put some carpet down on the floor of Gducks jon boat it has more room for three to fish then my little jon. The crappie are hittin real close to the boat sometimes so we probably need the carpet to keep it quiet.My has carpet but its small for 3.

Post Thanks / Like

How did you do down at Kerr? Did ya get a good amount of em or any real big ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Missed them altogether on my first day because I was searching along the shoreline. The fish had already moved to dropoff and brush piles at the mouths of creeks.
    I had my best success working a bridge piling right at the boat launch. Caught my limit with 10 or 12 in the 13" range. These were spawned out females that were still 1 1/2 LBs on average.
    I know I can't wait to get back there again.
    Crappie Hunter