PDA

View Full Version : To bad this is saltwater...NO CRAPPIE HERE...I'm bored!!!

sac-a-lait
05-14-2009, 01:13 PM
A crappie fisherman can only wake up looking at all this so many mornings and get tired of it...I NEED CRAPPIE!!! Seriously, just how many days can you spend around the pool sippin on drinks and eating grilled steak every night till you just go plum crazy!!!

sac-a-lait
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Here's the Blue Angles flying by on July 4th 2 years ago. The view is from the same condo balcony.

PawPaw "gene"
05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I feel for ya bro. Looks like I'm heading that way for the weekend, probably stop at Gulf Shores. I sure would rather head north towards the fresh water than east toward the Gulf. Maybe the sightseeing might be worthwhile.HE,HE, HE.

"gene"

rockmike
05-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Be there in about a week.

RWood
05-14-2009, 03:15 PM
I could do it a long time before I got tired of it!

foul hook
05-14-2009, 03:42 PM
I know what you are talking about. I can assure you that you are looking over some good fishing. I see a bridge in the background. There will be fish under that bridge and or a boat to be rented or chartered somewhere close by. Dont miss out on an opportunity. Fishing is fishing. In that Blue water you never know. Night fish under the bridge can be good. If she gets mad she can get glad!

skiptomylu
05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Man you can't find some reds to pull you line? I have not been fishing is saltwater in a long time, but when I was doing that from about 1980-1990 I really loved getting after the red fish! At least you have a great view.

Skip

DonDon
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
MAN, thats beautiful

sac-a-lait
05-14-2009, 07:06 PM
FYI everyone this is Pensacola, Florida....Whitest Beaches in the World...I'm heading back to Sippi but coming back down in Late June to stay thru July 4th for the Blue Angles.

bc1448
05-14-2009, 08:31 PM
FYI everyone this is Pensacola, Florida....Whitest Beaches in the World...I'm heading back to Sippi but coming back down in Late June to stay thru July 4th for the Blue Angles.

Your right about that... in the pics it almost looks like snow!
Blake

PawPaw "gene"
05-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Let me tell you how white it is. I drove to Pensacola back in 1965 I believe in a 1962 white VW Beetle. That was way before all the development. We parked on the side of the road to stretch our legs and decided to walk up the dunes on the Gulf side of the road. Well the walk took about 15 minutes on the loose sand but we finally made it to the top about 100 yards away. We stopped at the top to view the blue water of the Gulf beyond Santa Rosa Island for a few minutes. When we had enough we turned back towards the road and low and behold our car was gone. We looked at each other then back towards the road in disbelief. Finally I made out the black circles which were the tires. Still knowing where it was it was very hard to see. At first it was quite a scare and then a very big laugh. Can you imagine Highway 98 between Gulf Breeze and Destin with no condos or hotel or anything else.

"gene"

smashdn
05-15-2009, 08:16 AM
I will be down to PCB from June 28 until July 5th. I hope to fish everyday down there between blue water fishing, fishing reefs and wrecks, and Iplan on doing some inshore wading too. I will bring home some fishes.

sac-a-lait
05-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey Smashdown, I will be down there for during that time also. We should get together. I stay at the Santa Rosa Tower right by Peg Leg Pete's. Let me know if you want to get together. The charters will be running alot more then, so I hope to get on one of those. Give me a call.

Papa, there's still not much development from PCB to Navarre driving along the gulf. I grew up in Pcola and while it has changed some it's one of the coolest towns ever IMO. Ivan really knocked the city down but things are coming back. The Island has reached it's occupancy and at this time PCB won't have much more development until the infastructure is improved. Alot of the cottages have been replaced with much bigger homes but at least it ain't hotels.

OKSTATEjiggy
05-15-2009, 01:46 PM
sac,

A bottle of tequilla would surely help pass the time

PawPaw "gene"
05-16-2009, 09:42 PM
My bad sac, I haven't been there since then but it was my understanding by listening to others that this was all built up. I'm glad to hear that it's not. I'm not much for beaches but I just might have to take a ride that-a-way to check that out and re-live old memories.

"gene"

ga.crappie&breamguy
05-16-2009, 09:54 PM
boy i sure do miss the gulf coast. use to live in mobile and biloxi ms. my ? were are the binki clad babes?