Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville and Dippin Rods Question 10 to 12 foot Rods?

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville and Dippin Rods Question 10 to 12 foot Rods?

Anyone have any advice or luck with 10 to 12 foot rods at Smithville. I’ve never used one up there but fished Truman with a friend last week and the long rod was handy with all the trash on the banks. I was wondering if anyone had success with them at Smithville. Thanks for all the great reading material.

Post Thanks / Like

Default just my 2 cents

i just started using the 10' on truman myself, and i like it very much, i bought the 10' outlaw at Everhart's for less than $50 that is a lot cheaper than any 5 or 6' i have... very senestive, lots of backbone i would condsider buying one just to add to your aresnal..... give it a try i can also use mine for trolling or spider rigging also.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Water is water. Crappie are crappie. If you liked it on Truman, you will surely like it on Smithville. I love fishing mine.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 total that I keep in my boat. I love them, and use them for everything. I got mine at Rogers I think I paid $34.00 a peice for them? I swear by them. Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Lee....what brand did you get at that price?

I was at Rogers yesterday and all they had was B&M and a Quantum for $60.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are near a Bass Pro Shop they sell a couple of B&M 10' for around 35 to 40 dollars.
    They also sell a Sam Heaton signature series for about 50. I have Wally Marshall super slide 10' and I personally think its the best thing since sliced bread. Ultra sensative, but very strong. I also like that the reel can travel up and down the rod. Perfect example was fishing Cedar creek just around from Bucksaw a few weeks ago in a lot of standing cedars and could move the reel all the way to the back of the rod and get out there about another foot. It was perfect for the cut I was in, because boat couldnt do much manuvering.

Post Thanks / Like

Get the same length of the guy running the trolling motor.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Lee....what brand did you get at that price?

I was at Rogers yesterday and all they had was B&M and a Quantum for $60.
    They are Eagle Claw brand on top of the shelf over by the Quantum rod. All they have left in those are the 9footers.
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

get you a couple, 11 ft. outlaw and 10 ozark both are good, I never fished the long rods till BUGMAN and DRFISHJD got me started on them. boy are they nice, it you fish out of the back of the boat get one 2or 3ft. longer than the guy in the front, harder for him to keep you out of his tree,

Post Thanks / Like

Got a couple of 10' poles that see a lot of use a Smithville...for jigging and tightlining minnows. Only place they are too long is when in the front of the boat and tied to a bridge piling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast