Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smithville 5/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville 5/13

went up to sailboat cove today. got there and wouldnt you know it, someone was on my favorite dock. (for those who missed my first post, dont have a boat, have to rely on my legs and long casts) only caught 3 today, didnt seem to be biting. took my wifes cousin out with me and he caught his first crappie. which happened to kick the crap out of mine. he caught a nice 13 incher compared to my 10. i tried panfish assassins and caught a couple shorts. my buddy caught his on minnows. i caught that 10 on a chart panfish assassin. still getting used to this crappie fishing thing. i like to use jigs but i dont have a whole lot. if anyone has any advice, shoot me a message or reply. going out again tomorrow. probably sailboat cove again. havent found anywhere else yet. any suggestions for places or tactics please let me know. i'll check this again before i leave.

landon

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the suckie part about being limited to only a spot or two.........i know nothing about smithville so not any help here.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

i have never fished smithville either but what i do some times when they are very aggressive is i like to start off with a charlie brewer slider grub,,,when casting along a bank,,,white,chartreuse,or a chartreuse with a red tail work-es for me,,u just never know what will hit these,,also there is a lure called a strol-er made by bobby garland lures that has promise also,,,good luck
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pm

PM Sent.

I will give you all the info I can.

GM