Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smithville crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville crappie

anybody got anything good on smithville

Post Thanks / Like

i would suggest reading the 2 or 3 thread's that have been going for a week or so...they have the word smithville in them...good luck!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville

I was up near crows creek today and about threee other places all day with just three shorts. I used everything i could think of, then i decided to try one last spot that is new to the lake. I went down to the dam and fished the new riprap that was placed behind the visitors center and started slaming them. slip bobbers set at 2 feet and 15-20 feet out from the bank. I couldnt get them to touch any lures, all they would hit were minnows. No shorts all were 13 to 15 in. I thought i had hit the jackpot it was perfect, then the clouds got dark and the wind started blowin harder and the hardest rain drops ever scared me up out of there. The one day I get free and find some GOOD fish the weather runs me off. I hope this helps.
    Catch Fish Or Die Old Trying!

Post Thanks / Like

We worked them over with jigs today in Camp Branch and Crows Creek. Next time you try jigging make sure you tie on 5 jigs at once. I hear of guys using one and two jigs at a time and just laugh.

I never tried 6....but been tempted!:D
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

What a difference a few days make. Me and a couple of buddies went yesterday evening after the front moved through and all we caught was 3 nice fish. We went above w bridge. I think the front shut them down plus the lake looked muddier than it was last weekend which was the last time I went. They should be going again as soon as this wether straightens out, Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Went out for a while today fishing for me was tough water real muddy. Some guys catching some early in sailboat cove. I caught about Five keepers. good fishing to everyone
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave