Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To my fellow "Old Dogs"

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To my fellow "Old Dogs"

One day the Old German Shepherd starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The Old German Shepherd thinks, 'Oh, oh! I'm in deep doo-doo now!' Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the old German Shepherd exclaims loudly, 'Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?'

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.

'Whew!' says the leopard. 'That was close! That old German Shepherd nearly had me!'

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So, off he goes, but the old German Shepherd sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, 'Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!'

Now, the old German Shepherd sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, 'What am I going to do now?', but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old German Shepherd says...

'Where's that monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!'

Moral of this story...

Don't mess with the old dogs...age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Bull and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Of course, I am in no way insinuating that any of you are old, some are just more 'youthfully challenged'!
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good one!!!:D:D:D
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO, My Grand Dad used to tell me that "Old Age Is Not For the Cowardly", I find on a daily basis that he was so very right!!
    Wish you all the very best, may you find a beautiful day and spend it fishing!
    Rusty
    When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE, YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny...

I tell my 13yr old this regularly....Whatever you think about doing, pulling off or trying..just remember I have already done it...
    "Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catch&crisco View Post
    That's funny...

I tell my 13yr old this regularly....Whatever you think about doing, pulling off or trying..just remember I have already done it...
    My parents used to tell me the same thing... I didn't realize how true it was until I moved out and had kids of my own!!! DANG they were right!!! :D:D:D
    Blake

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Some quotes ....

that us "seniors" can relate to :

"Old age ain't no place for sissies" - Bette Davis

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill." - Old Greek saying

"Senior Discount, please" - :D (any of us that can get it )

"Like a lot of fellows around here, I have a furniture problem. My chest has fallen into my drawers". - Billy Casper, Senior Tour golfer

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Wink i remember my Dad saying that to me

i find myself saying that to my sons now and they wonder how i catch them before they do something i just tell them i was once a hard headed boy too.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are some good ones.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    that us "seniors" can relate to :

"Old age ain't no place for sissies" - Bette Davis

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill." - Old Greek saying

"Senior Discount, please" - :D (any of us that can get it )

"Like a lot of fellows around here, I have a furniture problem. My chest has fallen into my drawers". - Billy Casper, Senior Tour golfer

.... cp
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Us old guys are mecnahical experts as well. Every eveing I manage to fit a used Rear end into an Old Recliner.
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast