Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Time Fishing Line

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Night Time Fishing Line

Some of my catfish buddies fish using flurocarbon fishing line at night. They say if you use it with a blacklight ($20), the line looks like a glowing 2" line going into the water. It seems like some of you nightstalkers could possibly put such a rig to good use. I reckon you could easily spot the slightest bite.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Redtick ...

you sure they aren't using "fluorescent" mono (like "clear/blu")

I wouldn't think "flurocarbon" line would have any "fluorescent" properties in it .... if it did, it would just be another fluorescent mono line (minus the stretchiness).

And - yes ... fluorescent mono (clear/blu, gold, yellow, pink, or whatever color) will look like it's four times as big ... and will "light up", under a Blacklight. Other (white) lights in the vicinity will reduce that somewhat, depending on how bright they are. Blacklights will also cause the "fluorescent paint/tape" on bobbers & rod tips, to "glow" as well !! But, you won't get much effect from a $20 Blacklight, except on the rod/line that is right next to it. They don't have the range of the ones with 12" bulbs (at least not in my experience) .....cp

Post Thanks / Like

Been there, done that, have two blacklights in boat, use them every nightstalk, no other way to see the bite! I have an optronics, then purchased a Stan Sloan low profile. Stan Sloan is by far the better light. There is also a "Hoppy" blacklight that is really good too! Optronics is not as bright, but, take the protective cover off and it helps quite a bit. Blacklight is only way to night fish without holding every rod personally. Blacklight fishing has spoiled me rotten and would not even go anymore without one.
    Reaper
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

You may wish to try out the new light we offer. Its a blacklight with 3 times the output of the sloan and can also be used under water in UV or blue to both light up you jigs/bait with UV or attract bait. www.Nucli-Eye-Lights.com for description or do a web search for what users are saying about them.

The crappie light is coming out in January, is tiny and 5 times more powerful than any flourescent. It has a twist also that not only draws bait but attracts the fish themselves even when no bait is around.

Blacklights do not work well with pur flourocarbon though. It needs to be a flourescent line to work well.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Now I know what I can build with that 100 lot of UV LEDS I bought with the 12 volt resistors. Is this your patent? If so email me, I have questions and ideas. Lets do lunch.
    Reaper

Post Thanks / Like

what color? I dont use lights cause of bugs... skitties. are or can they be made waterproof?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bugs at a distance

Quote Originally Posted by mudwitch
    what color? I dont use lights cause of bugs... skitties. are or can they be made waterproof?
    You can set your blacklight away from where you are sitting and the bugs will stay close to it. I use an LED flashlight clipped to the brim of my cap. But, when you do use the flashlight, bugs will be drawn to your face. Which is why, I am going to rig a aluminum shroud clamp light with 12 volt rough service bulb, and install a switch close to where I sit so I can turn it on and off from a distance. Once the light is out again, they will concentrate on the black light.
    There are always a certain amount of bugs to deal with this time of year anyway. So in closing, one just has to learn how to deal with it.
    I no need no stinking bugs.
    Reaper

Post Thanks / Like

For night stalking guys try to find some blue led lights marketed as being "Royal Blue". They attract very few insects, give a very nice light that is easy on the night vision yet very clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip, will order a pack of them and replace my flashlight whites with blues. I might have to change a resistor or two, but would be worth it.
    Reaper

Post Thanks / Like

If you are replacing white with blue you will not need to change bias resistors. Unless the white you are using is a true RGB led they are in reality a blue anyway with a phosphor coating to force the white color out of it. They are electricaly the same. If you give me a little info on what you are trying to replace I can give you some cheap sources for good blue led replacements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast