Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ky Lake Fishin Report...Caught a few..........

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ky Lake Fishin Report...Caught a few..........

Well, Honey and I managed to "bank six" crappie. We caught over 60, but some were not even tater chips, the were shoe string taters. This is good a good sign though. Looks like we had a good spring spawn. I was worried about the spawn this spring with all the fluctuating water levels here. Again the big fish were taken in about 12 ft of water on the flats. The fish were really scattered. Water surface temp was 80 to 83 degrees. The lake level is down more. I was about 356.5 on my dock gague. Again the bite was soft and most good fish taken off bottom hook of a double minnnow rig. The dinks were wearing the jig out. A storm blew in Friday nite, and the temp dropped. I was hoping this would stir things up a little. It did, but the wrong things got stirred up. The catfish and bass were very active. Honey even landed a nice turtle..haha. Again we had the lake to ourselves. We had a great time, even cruised around some Sat nite. It was very peaceful and beautiful. I got nailed by a catfish. I will have a goood memory scar on my social finger. Those sob's (catfish) can put a hurting on you...lol
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:03 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Canepole

didja rub some cat slime on your finger? Fella I used to fish with swore
    by that folk remedy. Now I am the one who never doctors a cut or whatever,
    but the day I saw him drop about a 5 lb blue and it stuck a side fin in his
    leg like a lawn dart... he was bleeding like a stuck pig, and went to rubbing
    that fish slime in the cut... about too much for me! For the record though,
    he didn't lose his leg or anything, far as I know, didn't have any problems.
    If it comes to it, think I'll pass and opt for the peroxide!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

You know that slime is bacteria. I'd go with peroxide too. Or maybe soap and water followed with a little Neosporin.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

That looks like heaven to me. Catch a few, enjoy life.
    The little cats is where I have the problem. They get me almost every time!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom:

Nice pics! We been getting a few cats here too while we're crappie fishing. First thing I do if were going to keep one is take my scissor/forceps and cut his fin spines off while he's still in the net so they don't hurt anyone (especially me!).

We finally got some halfway decent crappie to bite on Greeson yesterday morning.

Glad to hear you have plenty of young-of-the-year crappie coming on. They can be a pain in the rear but it's nice to know they are there. I always say, "It takes little ones to make big ones and big ones to make little ones!".
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to say, Moose, I am in no way joking - so the ole story goes, it has
    to be slime from the one who stuck you, not just any fish out of the cooler.
    I have never subscribed to this "treatment" :rolleyes: but know several who
    do - and like I said, have never known one of them to have an infection
    or anything!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Just Pee on it. Sure makes you feel like you need to pee..LOL
    Good catch there. Makes me won't to fish in the storm here tomorrow..
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    A guy would have to be crazy to put something like cat slime in an open wound. I sure hope you are joshing about this. Just in case anyone gets an idea to copy that guy let me tell you what can happen when you get a leg bit by a cat.

Cat's mouths are full of all kinds of horrible germs. Think about what a cat eats in a weeks time. Canned tuna fish and any birds or wild game that it can catch if it gets outside.

A friend of mine got bit on the leg by a house cat. Long story but the kids in the house were afraid of their own cat and called a neighbor to come to their rescue. Evidently the cat was in heat or something and the kids were trying to put a plastic waste backet over the cat and slide the basket along the floor to move the cat into an unused bathroom that could be shut closed with the cat inside until their parents got home.

The cat got out from under the basket and bit the first thing it saw. The womans leg was the first thing in the cat's sight.

The leg wound took more than a month to heal. They had to give that lady antibiotics for 10 days straight to fight the bacterial infection in here leg. There is still a scare on the leg to this day.

Put peroxide or alcohol on the wounds and bandage it up good with some sterile gause or bandaids. And neospore works great too.

Wash the wound out with soap and water first and let it bleed some to get any infection out of the puncture wound.

Any puncture wound can harbor and grow anerobic bacteria which can cause tetnus (SP?) So check with the ER dock and see if your tetnus shots are up to date.

Uh, Moose, I think folks were referring to the fin spines on catfish (cat = catfish not feline).

I wouldn't recommend putting catfish slime on a puncture wound either but it may actually have some beneficial properties since a fish's slime coat is what protects it from fungus and bacteria.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Canepole, got alot of dinks here too!!It will sure be good for coming seasons though. Our crappie too are very scattered,catchin more spots & cats while crappie fishin then keeper crappie.Oh well a 8 lb. channel on 4 lb. test on a crappie rod sure is fun!!!Thats what its about anyway!!!Have a great week and button down for our big oncoming storm!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up High 5...

..looks like that turtle was either waving at ya...or trying to give some one a HIGH 5... :D :D ...
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast