Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Update Mon & Tues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Update Mon & Tues

Monday morning @ 7AM fished below the dam, they were running lotsa water. No fish caught. Pulled out and put in at Long Shoal traveled upto Finey creek and cut thru area as suggested by others. Fished from 9AM to 8PM I kept 15 keepers, buddy only kept 8. Fished trees 20 -30 feet and caught a few, very slow. Started casting towards bank and caught most fish with this method. Caught a lot of small males.

Tuesday, put in at Long Shoal and fished for 4 hours in short coves close to ramp caugth 50 small males. Kept 4 nice crappie and buddy kept 7 nice crappie casting towards the banks.

Today, we saw males staging around lay downs in the shallows. They are getting close to spawning.

Thanks to OSS and others that provide info.

The Payne

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got a few keepers, make a good day better. congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

We hit the shallows in the coves Monday around Bucksaw and only caught a couple, had most of our success out in the trees in deeper water. Not sure where Finey creek is located in relation to Bucksaw, maybe the water temp is just different enough in that area to make them head shallow, I hope so, I love catching big crappie on the bank. We'll give er a try this weekend and see what happens. Thanks for the good report.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Way To Go,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER