Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Swimmin wit da fishes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swimmin wit da fishes

this morning i took 3 bluegill out of my bait barrel and put them in the pool because the chlorine level was pretty low. I totally expected them to die but to my amazement they were fine for 4 hours, so i went for a swim with the fishes :D. Bluegill is one hearty fish. It was lots of fun. Im going to get goggles this evening and try it again tomorrow. Im thinking the pool may be permanently converted into a fish pond.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robbor View Post
    this morning i took 3 bluegill out of my bait barrel and put them in the pool because the chlorine level was pretty low. I totally expected them to die but to my amazement they were fine for 4 hours, so i went for a swim with the fishes :D. Bluegill is one hearty fish. It was lots of fun. Im going to get goggles this evening and try it again tomorrow. Im thinking the pool may be permanently converted into a fish pond.
    That's dedication right there!!! :D:D:D
    Blake

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Once long ago, I caught a rainbow trout at a lake near my house. I tossed it in the bed of my truck and drove home in the rain. Got it in the house and was preparing to put a knife to it when I noticed it was still kicking. Don't know why, but instead of killing it and eating it on the spot, I ran tap water (hard stuff too) through it's mouth, and it shook and wiggled some more like it was being resuscitated. So I walked it down the the creek near my house (been 30 minutes by now) and let go, it swam away happy and thriving. beats the heck out of me how they do it.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

If you go swimming in the lake's you fish in you're swimming with the fishies!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Can ya teach em to do that pedicure thing!
    Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it!

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite the same thing...but when I was a kid my parents had a cellar next to the house that always had a foot or two of water in it (probably a terrible misquito pit!).

I put half a dozen blue gills in there. They lived for several years until my father filled in the cellar.

We never did catch them, but you could occassionally see them in the pit. I suppose there were bugs, small frogs, and maybe worms that found their way into the water?!
    Last edited by Gadget Man; 05-14-2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Gadget Man