Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Geetings from SC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geetings from SC

Thought I would post from the Right coast :D Lived in Sacramento when I was in my teens in the 70s, fished for shad and steelhead and salmon in the American river. Fished for sturgeon and stripers in the Sacramento river. Caught my first crappie at a place called (I think) Clear Lake. good gosh I remember cleaning 'em by the hundreds. Have never ever seen Crappie in those numbers at any other time in my life. Do ya'll still catch them up there??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    Thought I would post from the Right coast :D Lived in Sacramento when I was in my teens in the 70s, fished for shad and steelhead and salmon in the American river. Fished for sturgeon and stripers in the Sacramento river. Caught my first crappie at a place called (I think) Clear Lake. good gosh I remember cleaning 'em by the hundreds. Have never ever seen Crappie in those numbers at any other time in my life. Do ya'll still catch them up there??
    Greetings from the left coast :D I live in the San Diego area in southern Cali haven't fished Clear Lake but have heard good things about it I'll have to get up there one day. Depending on the time of year we get some pretty good numbers down here in San Diego lakes. If you ever come out to the left coast pm me and maybe we can catch some slabs or I can point you in the right oops I mean left :rolleyes: direction.

Milo

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Milo, have made a couple trips to Washington in the past few years to fish with a guy I used to fish with in California.

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Norcal 20 miles from Lake Berryessa and 70 miles from Clear Lake. Yes we still catch them up that way in very good numbers. The state park being my favorite spot. Most of the bank action is now closed off due to private ownership. Boats have the upperhand as always. I'm an avid floater and wader I like to be in contact with the water. There are crappie derbys at some of the local tackle shops 3.2 was the largest I've heard of. But good 15-25 fish striggers of 1.1-2.3 are much more common . Ckeck this little video a buddy of a buddy of mine put together. Geno

LINK YouTube - Clear Lake Crappie Fishing November 18, 2007
    Last edited by Dadbuilt; 05-31-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: missed spells
    To Gramps ,Unc Rob taught,Big Walt showed.Unc Myron congratulated me. I'm a fisherman.