Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

How about a last minute report before I travel down about 300 miles west to come fish this water with my in-laws? Any word on the fish, possibly where they are, or what they are biting on, or if I need to bring dynamite instead of jigs...

Any help would be nice...as gas just went up and I don't want to totally waste it.

Mrwillis

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

This is where I put my Saturday Report. Not much interest in Twain on this site recently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    This is where I put my Saturday Report. Not much interest in Twain on this site recently.
    Took the family up there weekend before last, fished hard all day Saturday and a few hours Sunday with terrible results. Not much to post.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

fished 4 hours sunday , caught 1 , 10 inch, water very muddy, temp about 64 in coves

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be up there Friday night and Saturday. The water is dropping hard and another front is coming. I may divert to catfishing the majority of the time b/c that is hot up there right now. We'll probably catch some crappie but I expect it to be tough. From what I've heard, some are near the banks, and you should keep moving b/c they're scattered bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday. Was out about 4 hours. Caught 1 nice crappie and a cat on a noodle line (swim noodle with pvc pipe and line). No one was doing well that I spoke to. Wind picked up pretty bad in the afternoon. You may want to check the north end of the lake the water may be a little cleaner. Indian Creek and Robert Allen areas. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

2 Saturdays ago at Avery was the best i've ever done on Truman.

last Saturday at the same spot was mainly small fish that were somewhat scattered. lots of debris in the water. water was up several feet in just a week.

haven't been this week yet...

here's an online report from close to Warsaw:

Sterett Creek Resort & Marina Fishing Report for Truman Lake, Missouri
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain again!!!

Well guess i'm the 1 that screwed it up! 4 of us went down 5-1 thru 5-4 lake came up 6 -7 ft. they had just got 6 inches in 6 days the only luck we had was going down any bank fish'n 14-18 inched down the key for us was stay'n OUT of the branches that had a creeks coming in. thicker the cover the better! If you are familiar with the lake as you go into Big Indian creek look on the right bank there is some kind of water tank painted white. Go to the cove immeadiatly before it! clear at the back of cove it pretty thick. I where we had our best luck & that was poor. 11 fish in 2 plus hours. but good eaters. One last thing try fish'n below Cannon Dam smaller fish but least we had some action. we fished it Monday morn. before we headed home caught 22. 8-10ft out from the bank 3-5ft. down. Some of the locals turned us on to it.
    Peace! Phil Putnam

Post Thanks / Like

Were they running water when you fished below the dam?
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog