Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: DirecTV or Dish Network

Post Thanks / Like

Default DirecTV or Dish Network

Been thinking about getting a satellite dish. What are your thoughts on DirecTV or Dish Network? I am looking to get the maximum outdoor programs. Which one offers the best?

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Direct TV at my place in the mountains. There is absolutely no reception where its at down at the base of a mountain. Its okay....did the 12 month Choice Packing...for I am thinking $29.99. By the time they add taxes and fees...it runs about $38.00. It normally runs about $60.00. No help on Dish Network..but I figured its about the same as DirectTV.

Post Thanks / Like

if your into watching sports i believe DTV has a better package

Post Thanks / Like

i started out with direct tv. when i discovered dish network had an outdoor channel i wanted to watch and direct tv dint i called dtv and asked em if they was gonna pick it up and they told me they had no plans to do so, so i switched to dish network. within a couple months dtv started callin me on a regular basis wanting me back. within a year or so, they picked up the channel but i stayed where i was. when i got a hd tv i subscribed to the hd programming and the hd network, which i discovered had a fishing channel that shows nothing but fishing programs. :D. dtv probably offers the hd network to. in the long run there probably aint much difference tween dtv and dn.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

When we first got dish network it had The Mens Channel on its basic programming package. They have since dropped the channel and replaced it with some kind of shopping crap.

On the basic package I have ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, Spike (Old TNN) TBS (baseball) and that is it for sports besides local channels. The next step up has OLN, versus, and maybe some other stuff but wifey has vetoed the exra money.

Our bill is roughly 55 dollars and we have a dual receiver with dvr and a stand alone receiver with no dvr in the bedroom, so we have three tv's hooked to it.

Mens channel was nice. It had RntV, and FA Brands Chasing the Flight, plus it had deer hunting shows and some fishing too.