Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not so rainey day Crappie this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not so rainey day Crappie this time.

Ok I figured I would author Tear-em Ups and my latest adventure this time, very similar to out rainey sunday last week. This time instead of hitting the saltwater which the forcast did not look so good for with rain possible and 20+ south winds we went to the private lake again we have permission to fish. The forcast proved correct but not with much rain as forcast but the wind would have made the drift for the flatties just not possible, so the lake was a good choice.
    Well we got there very early, we were on the water at 5:36 with the sun just starting to light the horizon, we had a hard time making a time decision the night before but opted for the early start which was a good idea for an old fart like me since I usually wear out pretty early in the day. We started trolling and if memory serves me right the water temp was 69 and till the end of out trip around noon it went up to 70. We both started catching fish right away as we slow trolled up the lake, them darn things just would not let us get where we wanted to go, I was cussin many times as tear-em up just laughed at me, jeez trying to run the trolling motor, fish two rods can be pretty frustrating when youre trying to get from point A to point B??
    On our way we caught some different fish like pickerel, yellow perch, and bass(aka green carp). While heading up the lake as i drove with the back motor facing backwards i hooked a fish on my boober rig about 20-25 ft from the stern, the fish was up near the surface and with tension on my line the boober was probably 6 to 8" above the water, well for the 1st time in my life I saw a crappie jump out of the water at my boober, not once but twice?!? And i know here go the tall tales again but tear-em up saw the whole thing and the fish i caught was about a 8" bass, not a crappies which was tailwalking behind us, crazy huh?
    Well we fished for about 6 hours and had a ball again, I was counting as best I could again and beleive I ended up with the same # as last week, 43. I lost a really nice pickerel but tear-em up caught one probably 3 or 4 pounds, big snake! One thing we did this time was fish the end of the lake towards the spillway and found some water as deep as 9 feet, which is somthing you dont find down here often, but it was fun to back troll them real slow and hook em in the deep water, think i know some walleye tactics now if I ever get on a northern lake someday.
    We really had another great time, and I hope anyone reading this enjoyed my writing skills?? And dont think im too big a B S'er(come on tear- em up, back me up!). I hope you all have as good a fishing as we did this day and a couple others recently!! Dont forget you dont know if you dont go!
    Gduck

Post Thanks / Like

It' true would'nt have believed the crappie jumping either if I didn't see it myself. I'm usually salt water fishing only this time of year but the crappie fishing has been so fun it's hard not to go after them! Hey western shore guys we're coming up yuor wat sat. taking my son to the air show at Andrews AFB. Maybe another sun. rainy day trip is in order hope it don't rain on us this sat at the air show . G duck should we reveal the other secret bait that's usually used in salty water?