Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tournament scales knowledge please!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament scales knowledge please!

We're trying to start a crappie club in central Louisiana and we need some names of some good, reliable scales for our tournaments. We are going to have between $250-$400 for a set. We can go higher if we have to, but would like to start out between these amounts. Was also wondering if the scales that clubs and tournament trails use are the kind that can be certified and calibrated? None of us have ever been in crappie tournaments and we're pretty ignorant on scales. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Go on 'ebay' and check out "postage scales". Tournaments that I have put on this is what I use (50 pound scales) . Battery operated. Get a small plastic storage box to hold the fish. Make sure the scale can be zeroed with box on the scales.

Got my scales for less than $50.00.

good luck and have a bunch of fun.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Shoals Area Crappie Association ordered Equalizer Scales. The same scales many bigtime fishing associations use. I think We ordered the MS 30. It weighs up to 30 pounds and to the hundreth, which you need in a crappie tournament. I love the scales. Has many attatchments if you want to spend the money. Also, it has the TARE option, which weighs out whatever you use to put the fish in. About $275 I think. Check google for Equalizer scales.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association