Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultralite rod favorites?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ultralite rod favorites?

Hi all! Great site I appreciate everyones info they share!
    I used to Crappie fish non stop all year long, then I got competitive in bowfishing tournaments and have kinda been on a "vacation" from chasing specs. Now that I have been all over the midwest the past 5 years, chasing rough fish with archery gear and am completely burnt out on it, I am getting back on the crappies. Went last weekend for 3 hours and boated 40 +, and heading back out today after more.

Oh yeah back to the questionhe.... Whats everyones favorite ultralite rod?
    I have 4 of various brands but only one of them is my favorite. Its a one piece Diawa Apollo with a small shakespear reel. I have tried to find another rod that feels "right" like the Apollo with no luck. Hope I never break it!!!

Anyway..... nice site, I will be back again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love my new Shakespeare UL UglyStik. I bought it to replace an older Shakespeare Excursion UL rod. Both are five footers that I use to cast and retrieve. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All Star Elite. They are kinds pricey but if you ever pick one up you won't want to put it dow.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

St Croix Premier

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm cheap but I kinda like those Microlite's from BPS. I've been using the 7 ft model the most. I get them on sale for $29.99

Post Thanks / Like

Short version rod I guess I like the 2 Falcon rods I have, but for night fishing tight line I really like my St. Croix Avid One piece 7' ML. It's so comfortable to hold, light, and Sensitive, it has a great feel.

I know the last was not an ultra lite, but it's my favorite crappie rod.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

for nightstalking im a ugly stick man all the way. i dont do much jiggin, if i did, id wanna use an all graphite cause of its increased sensitivity to the feel of the bite.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that this opinion would be, for the most part, based on the type of USE one needs the rod for . Over time I have bounced around from 4 1/2' "pea shooters" to 12" B&M s. I had recently gotten a Bass Pro 8 1/2' Micro Lite rod that seemed to have good action. On a trip to a lake pulling bull gills up out of flodded trees, I found that it just did not have the backbone to get a 3/4 lb. gill up out of the limbs when fishing 15' deep in 20' to 30' of water in timber. I switched over to a 7 1/2" Outlaw rod with spinning guides, and it has just the right action and enough backbone to get these bulls up where they can better be controled. My wife has an Outlaw 11' that she dearly loves, and I have a 7 1/2' ,10' These are reasonable priced. You will get many different opinions on the BEST ultralight, as people fish so many different types of water. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Boatman, Welcome !!! My favorite is my 7 ft,Wally Marshall mighty lite.Seems like you can feel em if their thinkin about takin your jig!! All jokes aside its super sensitive which sure helps in quicker sets!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

5' Ugly stick with a Shimano Spirex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast