Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big George- How did Gibson go for you???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big George- How did Gibson go for you???

Just wondering how you did saturday, fill us in please.
    Reaper
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Reaper finally got back abd got work caught up We ended up with 12.10 for a 3rd place finish my friend Dino R from Wagoner and his partner Joe were 2nd and the 4 time National champions Capps and Coleman were first with I believe 12.90. We will soon meet Reaper I will start kicking around up your way now some to prepare for the CAST tourney there in Oct talk to you soon Big George

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kicking around the idea of joining CAST just to fish the tourneys at Oologah and those close to home. So you might not want to teach me anything. I met a guy out of south Tulsa that I may end up partnering up with. He is a Todd Huckabee prodigy, while I try anything, everything and go with what seems to be working. I don't have the poles/rod holders to set up for spider rigging. I have one, BnM 10' with a Rick Clunn baitcasting real on it. I can troll OK by laying a rod either side of me, while holding one in each hand. So far, seems to work just fine, but the smaller fish can drive you nuts fast. I do like holding them though for the fast hook setting. I have really started working Talala Creek hard for the last 3 trips out. I went out Wednesday morning and 1st fish was nice slab, it was in about 8' of water, kinda sitting in a hole around the base of a tree stump. I lost another nice one at the same spot yesterday as it got into what I am guessing are exposed roots. I setup a PVC condo 2' away from it, with a very tall tree the other side of it. The shad are just thick. My next trip, I am not even going to purchase minnows, but toss the cast net out for some shad. I dont care if they die, I will use them to tip my jigs with. I am thinking that it might induce some of the bigger Crappie to start hitting. I know they're in there. I will post about what happens. I am also going to try some of the areas north of the Wigganon bridge since that area is rarely fished. I'll talk at you later, Great job on scoring 3rd! Did you ever hit the brushpile I told you about at Flat Rock creek??
    Reaper
    I saw where a BR posted about Capps and Coleman in a Texas Crappie forum. The BR guy is from BA.
    http://www.texasfishingforum.com/
    He mentioned that 2 local teams came in 2nd/3rd.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry