Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campground Update

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Campground Update

Just got off the phone with the campgrounds. They have had to close off a few sites that were lower and close to the water and move them to sites on higher ground. None in the area we will be in. The lake is going to crest on Wed. He said it would have to get above 726 before they would shut the whole park down. He seemed to think we would be ok. The projected is just above 725 so we should be good. Plan B is the state park. I have looked and there are a bunch of electric sites set up just like the A loop at Bucksaw. But I do not think we will need to move over there. Keep them fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope folks don't start bailing out because of this.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, that is pretty good news. Really appreciate you checking into it Jared. I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach this morning. Of course it was probably not as sick of a feeling as those old Jersey's had as I was dropping them off at the packing plant this morning.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default Excellent News

Heck This Is More Important So I Will Hold Off A Whooper Of A Story...... Good Job Jared......... U Da Man..........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Save that story for the campfire Monty.

Post Thanks / Like

yes good news for sure,

Post Thanks / Like

All you fellas who're getting there early - back those boats in the water, yank out the plug, and run that bilge line off over the hillside... keep it below 726 for us!
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. We can tightline out of the campsite for blue cats roaming the lower part of A loop. Catch 'em scrounging around for last week's french fries. Look at it this way, now we'll have lakefront campsites. I'm not worried about it a bit. We'll be down there starting Wednesday evening, and we can keep an eye on things, and help make alternative arrangements if necessary, but I'd bet money we'll be fine right where we are. There are other higher sites in the campground, and we could always check with Bucksaw's new RV park (it has open sites),Oak Tree RV park and Evening Shade RV park and work something out. State park is available as plan B. No matter what happens, we'll be fine and have one hell of a party. See you all there.
    Last edited by drfishjd; 05-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna reserve a site but thought I'd check here first, esp. if we might be moving to the state campgrounds? (Hope that doesn't happen!!) But is there a site I can park my van Friday and Saturday nights? I'll just be sleeping in the back. I have a big ol' tent but don't feel like setting it up if I don't have to.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I told Mrs. Speck about the campgrounds flooding. She asks what I'm going to do if we cancel camp. I told her Camp will still happen. Even if it did cancel, I'm fishing some damn where this weekend.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast