Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ report

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ report

Fished LOZ yesterday and today on the Osage Arm not to far from Hurricane Deck Bridge. Caught fish anywhere from right on the bank out to 4-6 ft deep over 8-10 ft of water. We caught 2 limits yesterday and every one was a male. Caught 21 keepers this morning and all but 2 were males. The 2 females had very little eggs, I think they have spawned out over there. The males we caught seemed to be guarding beds. Caught them on Black and chartruse slab busters reeling and under a slip bobber. When using a bobber sometimes you could tell they would just swim it out a couple feet and drop it, seem to be just moving away from the beds. Water temp was 63-67 water was pretty dirty and a lot of debris floating. Was great to be on the water. Lake looked as if it was actually above pool. Any body else fishing different parts of LOZ that think they have spawned in those areas? Everyone thats going to camp next week have fun and be safe!! Would love to come but cant squeeze out of town next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. Glad you got into them. Sorry, you can't make it to camp next week.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmcduck View Post
    Fished LOZ yesterday and today on the Osage Arm not to far from Hurricane Deck Bridge. Caught fish anywhere from right on the bank out to 4-6 ft deep over 8-10 ft of water. We caught 2 limits yesterday and every one was a male. Caught 21 keepers this morning and all but 2 were males. The 2 females had very little eggs, I think they have spawned out over there. The males we caught seemed to be guarding beds. Caught them on Black and chartruse slab busters reeling and under a slip bobber. When using a bobber sometimes you could tell they would just swim it out a couple feet and drop it, seem to be just moving away from the beds. Water temp was 63-67 water was pretty dirty and a lot of debris floating. Was great to be on the water. Lake looked as if it was actually above pool. Any body else fishing different parts of LOZ that think they have spawned in those areas? Everyone thats going to camp next week have fun and be safe!! Would love to come but cant squeeze out of town next weekend.
    I DID NOT FISH MUCH SUN BUT TALKED TO TWO GUYS THAT SAID THEY CAUGHT LOTS OF FEMALES SAT FULL OF EGGS AROUND THE 6 AND 7 MM IN AND AROUNDS DOCKS
    HAVE MOST SPAWNED ???

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the lower glaize wed and the females i caught were in 20' of water still full of eggs so i doubt its done in that area and with this cool weather we've had i doubt they've moved in very far yet.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't fish the upper Niangua this weekend, the boat wouldn't push through the mud????
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

My dad and I fished around the 7mm and all the good ones we caught still had eggs. Like Jimmie said we caught the majority around docks over deeper water. Didn't really try too shallow though. We didn't fish as much as we would have liked as we were doing household repairs for a good portion of Saturday. I would say that they are not done spawning around there.

Post Thanks / Like

That could be the case. Like I said only had two females and the rest were males.

Post Thanks / Like

Same ole story today we had 17 with 16 big ole females full of eggs still in 17'-20' of water,tried the banks out to 8' and caught absolutly nothing,with the water temp 63-67 i was surprised we couldn't get on any males in the shallows.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you all have some good days ahead of you on LOZ. I plan on fishing as far up the river as possible in the next week or so. Slack water should turn on with all the water they will be pulling.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Today From 3mm To About 8mm Most Fish Were Taken In 12 1/2 Ft Of Water Over Wood All Males, Boated Around 15 Shorts And Around 15 9 And 10
    All Returned To Lake A C And R Day At Loz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast