PDA

View Full Version : Best spot on Kentucky lake?

GRIZZ
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
If someone wanted to move to TN and wanted to be on the best spot on Kentucky lake for lots of monster slabs where would that be?

rnvinc
05-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I've only fished there once, but I here a lot of good info coming out of the Big Sandy area....Huge bay...good ledges.....

Majesticman
05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Down around Paris. I am in the northern part and my cousin down there is always on the Crappie. There is a lot less recreational boaters down there also.

blueball
05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
bigsandy paris location would be the best

crappie cowboy
05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
If someone wanted to move to TN and wanted to be on the best spot on Kentucky lake for lots of monster slabs where would that be?

Grizz... Get with Richard Williams or cane pole, I think Richard lives in Paris, Tn and cane pole has a place on the lake.
I use to have a trailer at Eagle Creek years ago, great area, great people.
Good luck......crappie cowboy

caseydrew
05-13-2009, 08:03 PM
For size I tend to do better near Murray, KY on Blood River, but for #'s I'd have to agree w/ the others....south of Paris in Big Sandy is very good.

Quicksilver1958
05-13-2009, 09:19 PM
For size I tend to do better near Murray, KY on Blood River, but for #'s I'd have to agree w/ the others....south of Paris in Big Sandy is very good.

+1
Dead on. I grew up on the north end of KY Lake but made the drive to Blood River for the big ones.

prchjerker
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Another vote for the Blood River area.I have fished it and have some good friends that have won multiple tourneys out of the blood river area.

Eager Beaver
05-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Cane Pole bucket. EB

GRIZZ
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Since I'm more interested in size than numbers, blood river may be the spot I'm looking for.

pab1981
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Blood River is a great place to fish, but you need to be prepared for the amount of other people that fish it in the peak times. It does get beat to death, not putting it down, its where I fish 99% of the time. And this is also the case for the other popular bays/creeks. But the number of people fishing it March-end April is unreal. But there are a lot of nice fish there, my biggest this spring was just a touch over 15".

GRIZZ
05-16-2009, 03:29 PM
They get lots of fish that size at Sandy don't they?

Fatman
05-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I'd be happy to get there 1 time!!!

Fatman

CrappiePappy
05-17-2009, 02:32 AM
... maybe you could be another friendly Yankee neighbor to Cane Pole :D

Biggest question I'd have, if planning on moving down to that part of the country ... is whether or not I'd want to live in KY, or Tenn :p

Let's see - if you are partial to Blue, or Orange, that'd make the choice easier. ;) :p

... cp :cool:

GRIZZ
05-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh man - I lived in Knoxville for a while. It was interesting with all the orange nuts there. Fishing was great though. I'm not into college sports myself, so I'll make the decision based on the fish this time I think. Does KY have a state income tax? That's a big draw for TX and TN. Probably wouldn't be a permanent move anyways. I'm still leapfrogging places looking for the eventual permanent southernish spot for me to land to get away from the winters while not landing in the frying pan.

kycreek
05-17-2009, 04:30 PM
If it came down to Blue or Orange, it's a easy decision. IMHO

ekySlabber
05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Kycreekboy,

I definitely hear ya on that one!!!! ....lol
Boy that vomit orange is ugly........:D

Cane Pole
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I have no problem with blue.

smashdn
05-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Ky has a state income tax, Tn does not.

CrappiePappy
05-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Ky has a state income tax, Tn does not.

... and I had some of the tax "differences" noted in my reply, but removed them as impertinent info.

Ky does have a income tax schedule .... 6% on > $75,000 - 5.5% on $8,001 to $75,000 ... down to 2% on $3000 (or something like that). Our Sales/Use tax is 6% ... I believe TN has a 7% Sales/Use tax.

Tenn does not have a income tax on your "pay" .... but, it does tax your interest & dividend income. Tenn also has a 5.5% tax on food ... whereas, Ky has no tax on food (groceries) -- that makes Tenn the second highest in Sales Tax (Calf is 7.55%) and highest in the nation for food tax. I believe KY is slightly below TN, in property tax rates (per state rankings).

I think all these figures are correct, but if they are not ... please correct me, if you have more current figures.

Cane Pole
05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I go to Ky to buy all my "sin" products. Also load up on groceries. Ky has its good points.

jaxsprat
05-18-2009, 12:49 PM
A famous person posted this about KY,
I go to Ky to buy all my "sin" products. Also load up on groceries. Ky has its good points.
HA HA At his age how much "sin" is there left??????
Actually I would think best place @ kentucky lake for fish, numbers & size would be back seat of Cane Pole's boat.............:D:D:D:p:D:D:D

rushcreekoutdoor
05-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Do you hear that great big sucking sound coming from the north????

That is the sound of Kentucky's massive central government sucking the life-blood out of rural Kentucky.

Tennessee is a true "local rule" jurisdiction. If you have decent leadership and fair economics in a Tennessee County, you generally have a pretty reasonable environment. If you have crappy leadership, low property values, and corruption, it takes an FBI probe to root out the problems.

Here in Kentucky, we willingly gave up all local rule in the late 70's to our benevolent leadership from state govt. Now we are regulated to death by a revolving door of low to mid level bureaucratic administrative enforcers. Now, our Court systems are pretty clean. Almost every local official has four or five bean counters looking over his shoulder by computer from Frankfort to criticize him for any action taken. A lot of paper gets pushed. We must smile when we pay our taxes, we have a number of bureaucrats to support.

Do I sound disgrunted? I hope not.

RCO

gone_fishing
05-19-2009, 04:49 AM
... and I had some of the tax "differences" noted in my reply, but removed them as impertinent info.

Ky does have a income tax schedule .... 6% on > $75,000 - 5.5% on $8,001 to $75,000 ... down to 2% on $3000 (or something like that). Our Sales/Use tax is 6% ... I believe TN has a 7% Sales/Use tax.

Tenn does not have a income tax on your "pay" .... but, it does tax your interest & dividend income. Tenn also has a 5.5% tax on food ... whereas, Ky has no tax on food (groceries) -- that makes Tenn the second highest in Sales Tax (Calf is 7.55%) and highest in the nation for food tax. I believe KY is slightly below TN, in property tax rates (per state rankings).

I think all these figures are correct, but if they are not ... please correct me, if you have more current figures.

... cp :cool:Property taxes.... I think KY has property tax and Tenn doesn't

Come to IN we have 7% sales tax excluding food. High property taxes. High gas taxes and high State income taxes thanks to our wonderful govenor that we just reelected. Oh not to mention the high tobacco and alchohol tax.:mad:

gone_fishing
05-19-2009, 04:53 AM
Do you hear that great big sucking sound coming from the north????

That is the sound of Kentucky's massive central government sucking the life-blood out of rural Kentucky.

Tennessee is a true "local rule" jurisdiction. If you have decent leadership and fair economics in a Tennessee County, you generally have a pretty reasonable environment. If you have crappy leadership, low property values, and corruption, it takes an FBI probe to root out the problems.

Here in Kentucky, we willingly gave up all local rule in the late 70's to our benevolent leadership from state govt. Now we are regulated to death by a revolving door of low to mid level bureaucratic administrative enforcers. Now, our Court systems are pretty clean. Almost every local official has four or five bean counters looking over his shoulder by computer from Frankfort to criticize him for any action taken. A lot of paper gets pushed. We must smile when we pay our taxes, we have a number of bureaucrats to support.

Do I sound disgrunted? I hope not.

RCO
Same thing Danies is trying to do here now. Trying to take more and more local government away. His reasoning is it's more cost effiecient. What a joke when is the last time you have seen a larger government entity more cost effiecient.

CrappiePappy
05-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Property taxes.... I think KY has property tax and Tenn doesn't

Property taxes: Where does your state rank? - MSN Money (http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/Advice/PropertyTaxesWhereDoesYourStateRank.aspx)

This chart shows Tenn's property tax rate as slightly higher than KY's ... at least, that's the way I read it ;)

smashdn
05-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Davidson County in Tn (Nashville) has a 9.25% sales tax. Kinda bites cuz that is where the bass pro and the restaraunts and the golf store are.

Apparently, (we just pulled a Wal-Mart receipt out here in the office) Robertson county adds 2.750% to the state base of 7%. But on food items it was only 1.25%. So each county and little podunk that has its on government can add to the base as they see fit.