Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few crabs

Post Thanks / Like

Default A few crabs

Me and the wife went after a few crabs friday. We were going to take the boat out until I went outside and saw the trees trying to touch the ground from all the wind! So we opted out of going in the boat and just went off the land. Did pretty good for a land job! We ended the day with 4 dozen crabs and she caught a small drum and I caught a hard head catfish. Went out at about 11:30 and stayed until about 1:30.
    Only took one picture so here it is.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you caught just enough to feed your gang. Linda bought 50 pounds of very nice shrimp for 75 dollars through a brother in laws contact late yesterday. When I went and pick them up he told me he caught the 50 pounds in 2 hours with a cast net. I found that was a good haul for him. I mean I'd like to get paid 35.50 an hour. Then again, I think it was a good deal for me too. Now I've got to get in gear now that it's daylight and get them peeled.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

very tasty looking catch

Post Thanks / Like

Hey wife just asked me any dates for saltwater gathering,,any plans?
    SHE IS about to make out schedule for summer with work,,wow was I surprised she asked about it,,she must have had a good time. Shadow good news,,,I have use of the camper again,,so i wont need your floor again,,thanks buddy ,i know the kids can be a hand full in your house,,thats why to give you guys a break what if we rent a big lake guest house and have it there,,just a thought,,i know you have had it at your house last couple yrs, so if you want it at your house thats fine me ,,jus thought maybe you guys needed a break
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatortrax35 View Post
    Hey wife just asked me any dates for saltwater gathering,,any plans?
    SHE IS about to make out schedule for summer with work,,wow was I surprised she asked about it,,she must have had a good time. Shadow good news,,,I have use of the camper again,,so i wont need your floor again,,thanks buddy ,i know the kids can be a hand full in your house,,thats why to give you guys a break what if we rent a big lake guest house and have it there,,just a thought,,i know you have had it at your house last couple yrs, so if you want it at your house thats fine me ,,jus thought maybe you guys needed a break
    Hey Brendon, Angie has asked me about doing that very thing so we can discuss that some more later. As for the get together, it looks like the best weekend for us is going to be the 4th of July weekend. As soon as I am definete about it, I will make a post on it.
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand how every yr it grows and grows,,it was a mad house ,,and I know she could use a break.Im ready,,hannah asked about lakin,,and crabbin again,,she had a blast doing that. Does acadamy sell those big circle crab nets ,like u had ,,,our yankee acadamy dont sell crap for saltwater adventures,,i like going to Laff,,academy just to look at the saltwater baits. I never looked to see if they had those crab traps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatortrax35 View Post
    I can understand how every yr it grows and grows,,it was a mad house ,,and I know she could use a break.Im ready,,hannah asked about lakin,,and crabbin again,,she had a blast doing that. Does acadamy sell those big circle crab nets ,like u had ,,,our yankee acadamy dont sell crap for saltwater adventures,,i like going to Laff,,academy just to look at the saltwater baits. I never looked to see if they had those crab traps.
    Hey Brendon, The closest I have seen come to the big nets that I have was some that Deacon brought last year. A good friend of mine had made the ones I have and since I was always borrowing them he decided to just let me keep them. I lost one of the 2 to the wiers at Rockafeller last year though so be carefull with the strong tides.
    Dwyane

Post Thanks / Like

ok ill send deacon a message about the crab traps
    thanks fro the info,,CANT WAIT to get down there...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rockafella

Opening day at Rockafella, water high in marsh and coming in fast from offshore weather. Picked up 25 lbs of brownies; few crabs and small; catch plenty rain.;
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rbeaux View Post
    Opening day at Rockafella, water high in marsh and coming in fast from offshore weather. Picked up 25 lbs of brownies; few crabs and small; catch plenty rain.;
    Ray
    Thank Ray. I plan on making a trip down there in a couple of weeks. Was going to try to go this friday but had to work.
    Dwyane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast