PDA

View Full Version : My Slip Bobber Crappie setup.

Ken Jones
05-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I hope this picture tells the story is what I use all the time for Crappie. I can fish from 2 foot to 20 foot depends what level the fish are at. I'm in a boat, locate and anchor over them. Can add lead weight between jigs so jigs will travel down faster.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/Jones70/Sheepandfishsetup006.jpg

Arkie John
05-09-2009, 12:36 AM
That's a killer combo with the go-to red/chartruese presentation.

Ever caught two at once? I've done that only once this year. Fun stuff.

aj

boat49
05-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Same setup I use whether I'm fishing jigs or minnows or both! Nothing gets the blood pumpn faster than when the bobber bounces once then DIVESSSSS.

Nightprowler
05-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Nice set-up.....but I'd add more weight to balance the bobber so that if a crappie barely hits it, the bobbers under or go to a thinner bobber. It just looks like you could be missing some light biters.
my 2

shipahoy41
05-09-2009, 06:18 AM
I hope this picture tells the story is what I use all the time for Crappie. I can fish from 2 foot to 20 foot depends what level the fish are at. I'm in a boat, locate and anchor over them. Can add lead weight between jigs so jigs will travel down faster.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/Jones70/Sheepandfishsetup006.jpg

Ken looks exactly like mine using the loop knots. This is a great way to present a lure to the crappie.
These are kinda neat. Thought I'd share the new drawings with you.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd100/shipahoy41/Tightline.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd100/shipahoy41/SlipFloatRig.gif

ready2fish
05-09-2009, 06:33 AM
good looking rigs

Ken Jones
05-09-2009, 09:02 AM
I can use heavy'er slip sink up to 3/4 oz. Any light tap the bobber will do something different. Yes I have caught this year two at a time a dozen times or more. Will be fishing starting monday 4 straight days of Crappie fishing and Sturgeon. For those of you that havent seen a Sturgeon I will show you what they look like. The top picture is a 9'6inch. The bottom Sturgeon is a 8footer. The sling there laying on is 7foot. These were tag buy me and my fishing partner. I was tagging Sturgeon for the Idaho Fish & Game.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/Jones70/Sheepandfishsetup018.jpg

LBM
05-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Thats the setup I used when fishing with minnows and really liked it. While I hardly ever fish with minnows anymore but when I did it was really aggravating when I got hung up and had to break off and had to re-tie and set the rig up again. On thing I wished I had known about then was to use a heavyier line weight to the swivel with a lighter line weight from the swivel to the hooks so that if I broke off the only thing I broke off was the leader with the hooks and the bobber part was still in tact. On the occasions that I now fish with a slip bobber I now use this setup with the lighter line leader and hook going from braid to mono on the leader.

Ken Jones
05-09-2009, 12:13 PM
LBM that is the way it should be done. I use 6 main line 4lb. dropper line so if I get snaged I brake off at swivel and start over again.

Fatman
05-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Great setup and works great!!!!!!!!

Fatman

sea-sons
05-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Never used it set up exactly like that but looks good.

GrouseFly
05-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I am working on a new style of jig head that would be perfect for that set up. It's a dropshot/weighted head hybrid meant to eliminate some of the loops and the extra tangles associated with a multi-jighead rig. You can stack them up the line and fish as many as you want. This head is especially designed for tubes. I already made stacker head for grubs and other solid bodies. It has a eye on the top and bottom and a barb for holding plastics. If this new head works as good as the first one does....I'LL BE A VERY HAPPY MAN!!!!...lol...Good Fishin'....

shipahoy41
05-10-2009, 07:34 AM
I am working on a new style of jig head that would be perfect for that set up. It's a dropshot/weighted head hybrid meant to eliminate some of the loops and the extra tangles associated with a multi-jighead rig. You can stack them up the line and fish as many as you want. This head is especially designed for tubes. I already made stacker head for grubs and other solid bodies. It has a eye on the top and bottom and a barb for holding plastics. If this new head works as good as the first one does....I'LL BE A VERY HAPPY MAN!!!!...lol...Good Fishin'....

That sounds good. Keep me posted. Thanks.

INGrandad
05-10-2009, 09:34 AM
You can stack them up the line and fish as many as you want.

Just as a side note before too many do this, check the state laws on number of hooks allowed.

kycreek
05-10-2009, 09:54 AM
That's a good setup.

DKR
05-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Nice lookin rig.

blairarnold
05-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Same setup I use whether I'm fishing jigs or minnows or both! Nothing gets the blood pumpn faster than when the bobber bounces once then DIVESSSSS.

My 2 favorites are where the bobber never stops or slows down when it hits the water or where a big slab jerks it under so hard and fast that it bubbles when it goes under. I know the jiggers love their thump, but I get turned on by that bobber.