Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jig Sizes & Hook Sizes Youre Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Sizes & Hook Sizes Youre Ideas?

I Would Like To Hear About What You Use As Far As Jig Sizes And Hook Sizes And Why You Use Them.

I Personally Like To Use A Unpainted 1/16 With A #4 Hook If I Am In The Boat. Either Single Or Double Mostly Double As I Feel Like I Can Feel Them Better. If I Am On A Dock I Usually Use Double 1/32 With A #4 Hook As I Like My Jig To Kind Of Drift Under Areas Of The Docks Not Normally Fished By Most People. I Only Use Gold Hooks With Standard 1.5 Or 2 Inch Southern Pro Shirts.

What Do You Use And Why? I Want To Learn What Other People Are Using So I Might Be Able To Improve My Fishing!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

1/16oz weedless (that we make) with a #4 sickle hook ALL THE TIME

its the most versatile jig head if you ask me, heavy enough to heave, light enough to do whatever

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by PineappleSlap View Post
    1/16oz weedless (that we make) with a #4 sickle hook ALL THE TIME

its the most versatile jig head if you ask me, heavy enough to heave, light enough to do whatever
    OK ALL I HAVE EVER DONE IS JUST HEATED THE BEND OF THE GOLD HOOKS IN REAL HEAVY BRUSH. I USED WEEDLESS ONE TIME AND SEEMED TO NOT GET AS MANY BITES AND WAS HUNG UP JUST AS MUCH AND LOST JUST AS MANY JIGS. THAT WAS SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND I WAS REALLY NEW TO CRAPPIE FISHING. WAS I DOING SOMETHING WRONG? AND DO YOU LIKE THE PLASTIC OR METAL WEEDLESS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    OK ALL I HAVE EVER DONE IS JUST HEATED THE BEND OF THE GOLD HOOKS IN REAL HEAVY BRUSH. I USED WEEDLESS ONE TIME AND SEEMED TO NOT GET AS MANY BITES AND WAS HUNG UP JUST AS MUCH AND LOST JUST AS MANY JIGS. THAT WAS SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND I WAS REALLY NEW TO CRAPPIE FISHING. WAS I DOING SOMETHING WRONG? AND DO YOU LIKE THE PLASTIC OR METAL WEEDLESS?
    I use the junk that I have in my tackle box cause I haven't had much money to buy anything specific. Soon I will be getting stocked up and look forward to the info I learn from your thread..
    I have used a couple of weedless jigs with the metal wire, I was frustrated by getting hit (casting and retrieving from the bank), so I cut the wire off of the one I had tie on and started catching the bites. I could be using them out of their intended uses and would like to learn more about them.
    Q
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Default That Is Why I Started This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by rugsrme View Post
    I use the junk that I have in my tackle box cause I haven't had much money to buy anything specific. Soon I will be getting stocked up and look forward to the info I learn from your thread..
    I have used a couple of weedless jigs with the metal wire, I was frustrated by getting hit (casting and retrieving from the bank), so I cut the wire off of the one I had tie on and started catching the bites. I could be using them out of their intended uses and would like to learn more about them.
    Q
    I USED TO USE ONLY PAINTED LEAD HEADS BUT BECAUSE OF THE COSTS I STOPPED USING THEM. I AM LIKE YOU I FELT LIKE WHEN I WAS USING WEEDLESS I WAS MISSING HITS. MAYBE I WAS USING THEM WRONG ALSO. WHAT DO SOME OF YOU GUYS USING WEEDLESS THINK?

Post Thanks / Like

This was a thread about weedless jigs:
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/misso...jig-heads.html
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by rugsrme View Post
    This was a thread about weedless jigs:
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/misso...jig-heads.html
    I AM GOING TO CHECK IT OUT! ALL MY FRIENDS BASS FISH. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT BUT I LIKE USING LITE EQUIPMENT. AND I FEEL LIKE THE FISH HAS JUST AS GOOD OF A CHANCE AS I DO.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

99% of the time I am using two 1/8th oz jigs with #2 hooks about 8" apart on my line. I powder coat paint them in various colors. And 99% of the time I have on a 3" bait. Either a 3" Rocky Top tube or 3" Bobby Garlond Slab slayer.

Post Thanks / Like

1/16 Oz Jig Head # 2 Sickle Hook Buzzy Spec
    Best One I Have Ever Used !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It Seems To Me Like After Reading That Thread That Most People That Use Weedless Feel Like That They Miss The Lighter Hits. That Is What I Felt Like When I Used Them. Maybe It Was The Type Of Line And Pole I Was Using At The Time. I Had Very Cheap Rods And Only Bought The Line That Was On Sale Instead Of Buying The Better Grades Of Line. I Have Now Figured Out That I Was Using More Of The Cheap Line In The Long Run Because I Was Always Replacing It After Every 2 Or 3 Trips Fishing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast